corner corner Wild release caught after more than 6 years!

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Wild release caught after more than 6 years!

I tried searching for a list of the greatest length of time between journal entries, but it doesn't seem a record is kept on the site. I'd be curious to know where this book I released in March of 2006 ranks! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3601631

When the email notification came I thought there might have been a mix-up on the back end, since I didn't remotely recognize the title. No wonder! A lot can fall out of your head in six years.

What's the longest time you have seen between journal entries? I'm sure mine isn't the *very* longest, but it sure is my own personal record!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I tried searching for a list of the greatest length of time between journal entries, but it doesn't seem a record is kept on the site. I'd be curious to know where this book I released in March of 2006 ranks! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3601631

When the email notification came I thought there might have been a mix-up on the back end, since I didn't remotely recognize the title. No wonder! A lot can fall out of your head in six years.

What's the longest time you have seen between journal entries? I'm sure mine isn't the *very* longest, but it sure is my own personal record!

Profile Image
How exciting, six years is definately a really long time.

If you head over to the site watch forum you'll probably see some more examples of this...I think maybe 8 years is about the longest time.
Profile Image
Six years is a very respectable release-to-catch time indeed - though of course it's frustrating to have to wait that long! But it's not a record-breaker; we've had a number of catches that spent 7 or 8 years in the wild, and not long ago somebody posted the first 9-years-plus catch that I'd seen:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/475057/

[I've been keeping an informal list; whenever I see a new longest-time-to-catch post, I compare it to my list and can report whether we have a new record or not. But not everyone posts their catches in Site Watch, and in some cases people released books without making release notes so it's harder to tell exactly how long those books were in the wild, so we may have some even longer release-to-catch books out there. I do enjoy seeing the long-unheard-from books check in, as it reassures me about all those other books that have yet to phone home!]
Profile Image

Aha!

I tried looking around and searching to find the best forum to post this in, but either didn't see or dismissed Site Watch as not appropriate for some reason. I haven't been in the forums since the site was redesigned some time ago, so it's good to know there's still a place for this sort of thing. Thanks for letting me know, KiwiinEngland and GoryDetails!
Profile Image
I haven't had any books go that long, but I have definitely had some go well over two years between journaling. Keep the faith!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.