corner corner Slipcovers and Releasing

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Slipcovers and Releasing

What do you do with hardbacks that have a slipcover? How do you attach it? All the one's I've released so far were former library books, so their covers were already kept in place. I just started reading an old book whose slipcover is getting worn, and wondering how I should prepare it to release it. Thanks!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
What do you do with hardbacks that have a slipcover? How do you attach it? All the one's I've released so far were former library books, so their covers were already kept in place. I just started reading an old book whose slipcover is getting worn, and wondering how I should prepare it to release it. Thanks!
Profile Image
... I throw it out and put the stickers directly on the book.
If the dust cover makes the book look better, I leave it on, but attach it to the back or front inside cover with some clear packing tape.
Profile Image
Here's an old thread with more comments about dust jackets, fwiw:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/295604/

[I generally keep them with the books if they're in decent shape, but I don't attach them.]
Profile Image

Thanks!

I appreciate it!
Profile Image

I don't

attach them. I leave them just the way they are in my home or in a bookstore. Never even thought of attaching them before I read your question.

The ones from library sales are usually already attached in some fashion and I leave them that way.

I would never throw out a dust jacket unless it is falling apart in tatters and not repairable.
Profile Image

Labels

I stick BC labels to both the cover and the book, in case the cover is lost, unless it is a well attached (and plastic covered) ex-library book.
Profile Image

RE: Labels

I stick BC labels to both the cover and the book, in case the cover is lost, unless it is a well attached (and plastic covered) ex-library book.

Same here.

I put the main label with the BCID inside the book anyway, and only a rather small but well-visible front label outside. This one goes on both the dust jacket and the actual book, so it won't matter much if the dust jacket stays on later.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.