corner corner BookCrossing - 25 words or less

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BookCrossing - 25 words or less

I am going to make myself some BookCrossing business cards with my user name, the website, etc.

Looking for inspiration for some concise and snappy text to include. The card will be double sided, so I can include Ballycumber, etc.

I am looking at the BC bookmark, which is a great start - but I know all you wise and witty enthusiasts may have ideas.

Will post here what I settle on. Thanks, my friends.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I am going to make myself some BookCrossing business cards with my user name, the website, etc.

Looking for inspiration for some concise and snappy text to include. The card will be double sided, so I can include Ballycumber, etc.

I am looking at the BC bookmark, which is a great start - but I know all you wise and witty enthusiasts may have ideas.

Will post here what I settle on. Thanks, my friends.
Profile Image

Draft 1

Front of card - BC banner across top
Text:
BookCrossing is an international community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books. Over 10 million books have been registered from all corners of the world.

It's costs nothing and spam-free, as you are only known by your chosen nick name and no one is ever given your e-mail address.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our Facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details.

If you decide you'd like to join in the fun, please consider listing FRACULA as referring you!

Back of card -
small Ballycumber as bullet points for the Read it! Register it! Release it! (like the bookmark)

http://www.bookcrossing.com
---------------------------------------------
It's fancier than it sounds, as I created it with Heritage Makers, which I am just learning.
Profile Image
That seems like a heck of a lot of text for a business card. When I think of a business card I think of a card that's 3.5 x 2 inches. The text would have to be very small to fit!
http://businesscardsize.com.au/

I know a lot of people use your text or something similar in their release notes but I'm personally not a huge fan of it. It sounds a little too much like a direct selling spiel for my tastes. Although I guess, in a way, that's what it's meant to be.

What about the "slogan" that's located at the top of each BC webpage: "bookcrossing.com: the books you read and the people you meet".
Presumably you'll be telling people about the website face-to-face before giving them a card. If people want more information after that, they can always explore the website further.
Profile Image
I would suggest to include "journal" among the 3 Rs, as many newbies get confused and register already registered books instead of journalling them.
Profile Image
Ya, maybe my text is too much... Keep the good ideas coming.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.