corner corner Ignite Fort Collins

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Ignite Fort Collins

I have signed up to do an Ignite presentation on BookCrossing! It will be a few weeks before they announce the picks, but so far I'm holding my own in the voting: http://ignitefortcollins.uservoice.com/---/16009-ignite-fort-collins-11-topic-submission-voting

I've decided to focus on how flexible BookCrossing is and how people with different reading/releasing styles can tailor it to fit. So if any of y'all have suggestions for what I can include, I'd love to hear it. :-)

I'm also hoping that I can organize some sort of mass release on the theme of spark, fire, flame, ignition, etc. Will have to check on what kind of permission I might need. But wouldn't it be cool if every single audience member could have a BookCrossing book to take home?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have signed up to do an Ignite presentation on BookCrossing! It will be a few weeks before they announce the picks, but so far I'm holding my own in the voting: http://ignitefortcollins.uservoice.com/---/16009-ignite-fort-collins-11-topic-submission-voting

I've decided to focus on how flexible BookCrossing is and how people with different reading/releasing styles can tailor it to fit. So if any of y'all have suggestions for what I can include, I'd love to hear it. :-)

I'm also hoping that I can organize some sort of mass release on the theme of spark, fire, flame, ignition, etc. Will have to check on what kind of permission I might need. But wouldn't it be cool if every single audience member could have a BookCrossing book to take home?
Profile Image
I just clicked on your link and voted for you. Good luck!
Profile Image
Thanks! As of today, everybody who has submitted a topic will get to present, but I know that they are trying to get as big a pool as possible for the selections committee.

I'm thinking that if I don't get the go-ahead to release books at the auditorium that night, I might make up some bookmarks and release themed books throughout the city as soon as tickets go on sale.
Profile Image
Hi! The voting is getting really close for the top six spots for Ignite Fort Collins. If you want to see me give public speaking a try, go vote *now* at http://ignitefortcollins.uservoice.com/---/16009-ignite-fort-collins-11-topic-submission-voting and look for the "Set Your Books Free..." topic. Right now it's in the #6 position, but just barely.

And don't feel bad about voting even if you don't live in Fort Collins, because all of the presentations will eventually be posted on the website and (I think) on YouTube, so you will get the chance to watch them later.

I'll let y'all know as soon as I know whether or not I'm officially in the lineup for May 17th! (And whether they will let me do a big themed release in the auditorium.)
Profile Image
I'm in! So now I just need to find out if I can do a mass release there. And put together my PowerPoint....

Thanks for your votes!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.