corner corner Teacher needs copies of Lois Lowry's *Number the Stars* and/or John Hersey's *Hiroshima*

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Teacher needs copies of Lois Lowry's *Number the Stars* and/or John Hersey's *Hiroshima*

I'm a high-school history teacher at an African-American high school in rural Alabama. I need to teach my students as much as possible about World War II to help them pass their high-school history exams. I also have been directed to teach novels as part of my class, even though there is no funding to buy the books.

This puts me in a bit of a bind; I have spent more than a thousand dollars on my classroom this year and have pretty much maxed out on DonorsChoose.org grants.

Are there any BookCrossers out there who'd be willing to send me copies of Lois Lowry's *Number the Stars* or John Hersey's *Hiroshima*? In return, I could promise to make posting responses part of the students' assignments. :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'm a high-school history teacher at an African-American high school in rural Alabama. I need to teach my students as much as possible about World War II to help them pass their high-school history exams. I also have been directed to teach novels as part of my class, even though there is no funding to buy the books.

This puts me in a bit of a bind; I have spent more than a thousand dollars on my classroom this year and have pretty much maxed out on DonorsChoose.org grants.

Are there any BookCrossers out there who'd be willing to send me copies of Lois Lowry's *Number the Stars* or John Hersey's *Hiroshima*? In return, I could promise to make posting responses part of the students' assignments. :)
Profile Image
Pm ing you.
Profile Image
Already have gotten a number of generous responses: thank you so much! Please keep them coming: I have 170 students and need just about as many copies as I can get.
Profile Image
You should be getting two "Number the Stars" through paperbackswap.com (I had them sent directly to you) and another from me after I'm done reading my copy. Good luck!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.