corner corner News from the West Country (UK)

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

News from the West Country (UK)

Since joining book crossing on World Book Day 2011, I've now registered over 1000 books and have over 900 in circulation. I'm using these to support a network of book exchanges in local (Dorset) villages. I'm able to move some books around the network every couple of weeks, during my usual journeys, and top up the shelves so there are always new titles. After the books are 'released' to the local network I note each new destination in the back + the month. Most books travel once around the network (6 locations) and are then released further afield. (At this point I mark there status as 'reserved' and put them in the boot of my car so I can easily 'find' them on the bookcrossing website and journal where I've left them). I just wanted to share this concept with other members as it's working very well in this rural area - some venues are more active than others - but they are all used and appreciated.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Since joining book crossing on World Book Day 2011, I've now registered over 1000 books and have over 900 in circulation. I'm using these to support a network of book exchanges in local (Dorset) villages. I'm able to move some books around the network every couple of weeks, during my usual journeys, and top up the shelves so there are always new titles. After the books are 'released' to the local network I note each new destination in the back + the month. Most books travel once around the network (6 locations) and are then released further afield. (At this point I mark there status as 'reserved' and put them in the boot of my car so I can easily 'find' them on the bookcrossing website and journal where I've left them). I just wanted to share this concept with other members as it's working very well in this rural area - some venues are more active than others - but they are all used and appreciated.
Profile Image
Wow. That is quite an accomplishment. And a great idea.
Profile Image
That's impressive. I bet that it would be a good member article to (somewhat infrequent these days) newsletter, and a way of encouraging other rural BookCrossers how to get their books out there! Add some more info, a few examples and even a picture or two, and I bet it will be accepted for publication.

Profile Image
it would be a good member article

Ditto!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.