corner corner "Free" Bookshelf at work.

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

"Free" Bookshelf at work.

The hospital I work at has a couple of "Free" bookshelves and I am currently registering the books on them. One of them, I treat as a take-one-leave-one shelf but the other one I dont. Presently I just register them, set them aside for reading if I want, check to see if they are wanted on a couple of websights, then return the remainder to the "Free" shelf. Any ideas of a better way to utilize this opportunity? Could I set them up as an OBCZ? Thanx in advance for any help.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The hospital I work at has a couple of "Free" bookshelves and I am currently registering the books on them. One of them, I treat as a take-one-leave-one shelf but the other one I dont. Presently I just register them, set them aside for reading if I want, check to see if they are wanted on a couple of websights, then return the remainder to the "Free" shelf. Any ideas of a better way to utilize this opportunity? Could I set them up as an OBCZ? Thanx in advance for any help.
Profile Image
Hi there, I have a shelf like that at my work as well. It is in the cafeteria and currently no one really takes ownership. There are a lot of books on the shelf that have been there for quite some time and it doesn't appear that anyone is interested in them, so I am just going to take those, register them and wild release them. I am also replenishing the bookcase with my won registered books. I am planning to turn this into an OBCZ, although it is only accessible for employees. The sign above the bookcase currently states that it is the expectation that you either bring the book back or swap it with another book, but I don't get the impression that that is happening. I am also going to register and label all the books that are currently in the bookcase, which will be quite a task.

Good luck with your shelves and good luck if you decide to turn it into an OBCZ!
Profile Image

Try

It could work as a small shelf, why not try to see if it would work?
I did leave a bunch of books where I worked, in the cafeteria. There was a lovely window that just seemed like a perfect place to leave a book or ten (also noticed by a few other bookcrossers there), so in the end I placed a bunch of somewhat work or business related books there, clearly labeling them to be free to take. And they got a better journaling rate than the books that I've released in any usual OBCZ shelves :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.