corner corner Which month for 8,000,000 books?

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Which month for 8,000,000 books?

Under Information > About Us, we are up to 6,798,825 books.
Sat, 5th Feb, evening, NZ time)

Which month do you think we will reach 8,000,000 books?

I think late March/early April.

(Editied from 7 > 8 million)

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Which month do you think we will reach 8,000,000 books?

(Editied from 7 > 8 million)
Profile Image

Which month do you think we will reach 7,000,000 books?

I think you're going to see quite a jump in registered books soon, when the books for World Book Night get registered. WBN is using BookCrossing to track the 1,000,000 books given out on WBN. Whether those books will show up when the prenumbered labels are created or when the labels are activated will be the determining factor.
Profile Image
You know, I never look at the book stats any more. It was much easier when they were on the screen.
Profile Image
As for when we reach 8,000,000 books - I'd say late may/early june
Profile Image

Well, according to the numbers in the BCID there are more than 10 million books registered, aren't they?
Profile Image

RE: 10

Well, according to the numbers in the BCID there are more than 10 million books registered, aren't they?

No, because not every BCID which has been passed on counting up is assigned to a book:

- In the beginning, many BCID were wasted on testing the system (with the result that there aren't many BCID with 5-digit numbers and none at all below 30000-something)

- Before that feature was made unavailable, books were sometimes deleted from the system again after having been registered

- The largest amount of unassigned BCID are unactivated prenumbered labels. They have been downloaded but either never used, or the labels were just glued into the book without activating them so the system doesn't know they were used and for what. It's a very bad idea to release books with unactivated PNL, but that doesn't keep everyone from doing so.

- Also a few books might have been lost in database errors, at least there are reports of people who miss books on their shelves which have been there earlier.

Profile Image

RE: RE: 10

Interesting points. Thanks for the info.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.