corner corner Bookcrossing app

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
2015 and no app? Or at least that I can find . . . would be helpful for releases. Or finds, if I should ever be so lucky.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I think we need a bookcrossing app for iphone!
Profile Image

I think...

Profile Image
Have you seen Bruce's request in the Feature Request Forum?
Profile Image
Have you seen Bruce's request in the Feature Request Forum?

Yeah, I was going to mention that too. Here's a link. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/457008
Profile Image
A BC App would be great! That way making it for easier Releasing into the Wild. Can put in the release notes as you are releasing a book. :)
Profile Image
I was once at a internet cafe and as I had just dropped my book nerby I went in to write release notes. Slotting in the $2 I loded up the browser to put up release notes. When the computer wouldn't log me into the site! Ugh, its one moment when you think " Daym I wish there was a app for this." Geocaching had one, its time we get one!
Profile Image
I was once at a internet cafe and as I had just dropped my book nerby I went in to write release notes. Slotting in the $2 I loded up the browser to put up release notes. When the computer wouldn't log me into the site! Ugh, its one moment when you think " Daym I wish there was a app for this." Geocaching had one, its time we get one!

That had to be frustrating! Yes, it is way past time we had a Bookcrossing app! I have had discussions with more than one person about BC where the person was very interested in the concept but said "forget it" when they realized there was no app. Today, many people use apps almost exclusively. If not an app, at least a workable mobile website would be nice. It is literally costing us potential Bookcrossers, and I can only imagine how many "mobile only" types may have caught a book, tried to find an app, tried to navigate the sluggish mobile website, and gave up. Honestly, I would PAY for premium features on an app, which is not something I normally do.
Profile Image
2015 and no app? Or at least that I can find . . . would be helpful for releases. Or finds, if I should ever be so lucky.
Profile Image
I think we need a bookcrossing app for iphone!

Profile Image
I guess there's no app, which is a shame cos the we site is unusable on phone and I don't log in to computer much these days. Oh well... will check back in another fee years!
Profile Image

App

I wonder why there’s been no movement. I’d be much more motivated with an app or mobile site.
Profile Image

Over the years our small development team have worked on the development of a BookCrossing App, but unfortunately it hasn't rolled out yet and with the current site glitches to our exisiting platform, it has taken a back seat for now.
We are fully aware that lots of people are hopeful of the launch of an App in order to release books more freely, however changes were made to the site a few years ago to make it slightly more user-friendly to use on a smartpone or mobile device.

Our top tip is to bookmark the pages you use most often, i.e. http://www.bookcrossing.com/release or the Go Hunting page for your area etc for quick access on your mobile device.

Hope that this helps a little.
Profile Image
Over the years our small development team have worked on the development of a BookCrossing App, but unfortunately it hasn't rolled out yet and with the current site glitches to our exisiting platform, it has taken a back seat for now.
We are fully aware that lots of people are hopeful of the launch of an App in order to release books more freely, however changes were made to the site a few years ago to make it slightly more user-friendly to use on a smartpone or mobile device.

Our top tip is to bookmark the pages you use most often, i.e. http://www.bookcrossing.com/release or the Go Hunting page for your area etc for quick access on your mobile device.

Hope that this helps a little.

I am getting better at releasing books using a mobile device, although in a perfect world it could be easier. In the real world, I know that our wonderful support team can only do so much with the time & resources they have.

I would much prefer a more mobile-friendly website over an app - an app will take up additional space on my device and is not cross-platform.
Profile Image
I would much prefer a more mobile-friendly website over an app - an app will take up additional space on my device and is not cross-platform.

As a web designer and front-end developer by trade, I completely, 100% agree with this suggestion.

Continue to improve the website so that it is responsive to different devices and that the main bulk of tasks can be completely seemlessly on both desktop and mobile (and everything in between).

You can always encourage people to "pin" the website to the homescreen of their mobile devices and if you really want a mobile app, you can always "wrap" the website as an app on Andoird & iOS whilst still only having to maintain one set of code.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.