corner corner BookCrossing presentation

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BookCrossing presentation

This Summer I contacted the public libraries in Århus, Denmark where I live, because I wanted to do something to promote bookcrossing in my local community, spread litterature and have fun. Fortunately they liked the concept and my ideas :)
In September 270 books were released during the annual Festuge (eng Festival Week). It was great fun and eventhough we've only got 14 real journallers I'm very happy with the result.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/AarhusBibliotek

In March the public libraries in Århus will be hosting a Travel Theme. We thought it would be a great idea to make bookcrosing a part of this.. don't you agree? :)
So far we have a few things planned and some ideas are currently being presented to the libraries and other potentiel sponsors such as cultural programmes in the kommune (eng municipality), publishing houses, writers etc.

One thing that is clear though: I'm going to do a BookCrossing Presentation!
We will create posters, get a hold of the media and simply tell people to come and hear what BookCrossing is all about and why it's soooo great!
The listeners will most likely be people who know nothing about bookcrossing and could in principle be all sorts of people.
I will do the presentation in a meeting room (or auditorium) with projector and will propably use PowerPoint. I will be able to go online and also a sound system should be available.

Now I ask you: Do you have any experience in doing BookCrossing presentations? Do you perhaps have a powerpoint presentation or something like that, which you would be willing to e-mail me for inspiration? Have you heard a BookCrossing presentation and have some ideas about do's and don'ts? Do you think you know something important to say which I might miss?
Please share by posting to this thread or by PM. I will give you my e-mail address by PM if you need it for sending me something.

I have already been googling and have found some good tips, but I could use more :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This Summer I contacted the public libraries in Århus, Denmark where I live, because I wanted to do something to promote bookcrossing in my local community, spread litterature and have fun. Fortunately they liked the concept and my ideas :)
In September 270 books were released during the annual Festuge (eng Festival Week). It was great fun and eventhough we've only got 14 real journallers I'm very happy with the result.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/AarhusBibliotek

In March the public libraries in Århus will be hosting a Travel Theme. We thought it would be a great idea to make bookcrosing a part of this.. don't you agree? :)
So far we have a few things planned and some ideas are currently being presented to the libraries and other potentiel sponsors such as cultural programmes in the kommune (eng municipality), publishing houses, writers etc.

One thing that is clear though: I'm going to do a BookCrossing Presentation!
We will create posters, get a hold of the media and simply tell people to come and hear what BookCrossing is all about and why it's soooo great!
The listeners will most likely be people who know nothing about bookcrossing and could in principle be all sorts of people.
I will do the presentation in a meeting room (or auditorium) with projector and will propably use PowerPoint. I will be able to go online and also a sound system should be available.

Now I ask you: Do you have any experience in doing BookCrossing presentations? Do you perhaps have a powerpoint presentation or something like that, which you would be willing to e-mail me for inspiration? Have you heard a BookCrossing presentation and have some ideas about do's and don'ts? Do you think you know something important to say which I might miss?
Please share by posting to this thread or by PM. I will give you my e-mail address by PM if you need it for sending me something.

I have already been googling and have found some good tips, but I could use more :)
Profile Image
I did a PowerPoint Bookcrosssing presentation for a college book event. Go to this web address: http://www.uncon2010boston.com/

Click on "extras" along the top tabs, then scroll to the end. My presentation is called "Bookcrossing 101" and can be found there. Good luck!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.