corner corner Children's books

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Children's books

I've seen some cool children's labels, and until recently I didn't think about using them. Since it's yard sale season I've been finding more young chapter books. I've been releasing them with the regular labels. My question is this: What is the youngest level you'd bookcross? i.e. Beginning reader, early chapter books, YA chapter books, etc. I release early chapter books and YAs because kids regularly poke through the books.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've seen some cool children's labels, and until recently I didn't think about using them. Since it's yard sale season I've been finding more young chapter books. I've been releasing them with the regular labels. My question is this: What is the youngest level you'd bookcross? i.e. Beginning reader, early chapter books, YA chapter books, etc. I release early chapter books and YAs because kids regularly poke through the books.
Profile Image
If they are very clean and new-looking. Often I will leave these on the seat of the kiddie carts at the supermarket.
Profile Image
...from infant board-books and vinyl-coated books (the better to wipe off the drool from teething tots, I imagine {grin}) to picture books and on up. [I admit I haven't picked up very many of the infant/board-book types, but if I spot an especially cute one at a yard sale I'll give it a shot.]

I generally release them with the idea that adults will find them first (or at least will be in attendance if the kids spot them first), so they can decide whether they're suitable or not. I have used the Supply Store kid-book labels, but if I don't happen to have any of those I'll cheerfully label kid-books with whatever else I have on hand.
Profile Image
for children's books at one of our OBCZ's. The business owner wants to expand it so we just put a notice in the local weekly newspaper asking for donations of "gently used" kids books. I do find a lot at yard sales too, but they don't sit on the shelf long at either OBCZ!
If I have Kid themed labels I will use them, but also use regular labels if that's all we've got.
Profile Image
From board books to young adult, they're all fair game :)
Profile Image
no matter what age level.

If it's a book that can be read, why not register and release it? Why only for certain ages?
Profile Image
The board books are especially useful in my Halloween releases.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.