corner corner To all BookCrossers: A heartfelt thank you, and thank you gift from BookCrossing (x-post)

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

To all BookCrossers: A heartfelt thank you, and thank you gift from BookCrossing (x-post)

My personal apologies for the recent inconveniences and shortcomings of the site. It is never an easy decision to know when to pull the trigger on launching especially with a rebuild of this magnitude. I assure you that the rebuild was totally necessary, both to maintain the site and to build the features for which members have been asking.

Unfortunately there is no turning back to the old site While we did test the site beforehand many of the type of bugs that have been discovered only pop their heads under high load, larger than our test group. The features that are not showing as before ore working as hoped are diligently being worked on to get back in working order.

Your support is greatly appreciated and I do hope you will weather this storm with us for some smooth fun sailing in the not too distant future. As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we will soon be giving everyone a period of free wings membership while Matt and the team iron out the remaining issues. (Please note that if you already have wings, they will be extended.) We have one or two issues to correct before we can wing everyone, but it shouldn't be much longer.

Thank you again.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My personal apologies for the recent inconveniences and shortcomings of the site. It is never an easy decision to know when to pull the trigger on launching especially with a rebuild of this magnitude. I assure you that the rebuild was totally necessary, both to maintain the site and to build the features for which members have been asking.

Unfortunately there is no turning back to the old site While we did test the site beforehand many of the type of bugs that have been discovered only pop their heads under high load, larger than our test group. The features that are not showing as before ore working as hoped are diligently being worked on to get back in working order.

Your support is greatly appreciated and I do hope you will weather this storm with us for some smooth fun sailing in the not too distant future. As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we will soon be giving everyone a period of free wings membership while Matt and the team iron out the remaining issues. (Please note that if you already have wings, they will be extended.) We have one or two issues to correct before we can wing everyone, but it shouldn't be much longer.

Thank you again.
Profile Image
the new site, but am a little frustrated with a copy of things like editing my wishlist. However, all the pluses outweigh a little frustration.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.