corner corner Now what do I do w/my contest?

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Now what do I do w/my contest?

I posted a contest a couple of weeks ago where I was giving away a couple boxes of books. I drew 2 winners and posted them on the original thread and also PM'ed them. One winner hasn't gotten back to me. I've PM'ed him twice and still nothing. He's been active on the boards since then though.

Do I assume he no longer wants the books and move on to the next person? Luckily, I drew 4 names just in case my first 2 changed their minds.

I could do an ISO post, but it seems a little extreme. If he doesn't want the books any more, I don't want to force them on him.

What would you do?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I posted a contest a couple of weeks ago where I was giving away a couple boxes of books. I drew 2 winners and posted them on the original thread and also PM'ed them. One winner hasn't gotten back to me. I've PM'ed him twice and still nothing. He's been active on the boards since then though.

Do I assume he no longer wants the books and move on to the next person? Luckily, I drew 4 names just in case my first 2 changed their minds.

I could do an ISO post, but it seems a little extreme. If he doesn't want the books any more, I don't want to force them on him.

What would you do?
Profile Image
> I could do an ISO post, but it seems a
> little extreme. If he doesn't want the
> books any more, I don't want to force them
> on him. What would you do?

I'd do an ISO post; I don't consider it extreme at all. In cases where someone may not be receiving BC emails - or may have replied to yours, and *you* didn't receive it - an ISO in a forum that the person visits often may be the best way to get in touch. You can phrase it simply as "ISO thus-and-such: I need your address" and then explain about the contest-winning in the message-text; if you are concerned about making it appear that "thus-and-such" did something wrong, phrasing the message that way makes it clear that it's just a communications problem.
Profile Image
As a matter of fact, I toyed with the idea of PMing you directly with my question since it looked like this forum wasn't very active and I know you always have great BC advice :-)

I posted a modified ISO in a contest that he's hosting. He seems to check that thread almost every day so he'll have a good chance of seeing it and it won't be as "public." We'll see what happens!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.