corner corner My young reader

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

My young reader

I love to read and my husband too! Recently, I was informed by my little boy's teacher that he had won the classroom contest for reading the most books in his class. He read 68 books within this year! (not sure which month this year they began the contest). And he is only 5 years old. I'm really proud of him. Three cheers!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I love to read and my husband too! Recently, I was informed by my little boy's teacher that he had won the classroom contest for reading the most books in his class. He read 68 books within this year! (not sure which month this year they began the contest). And he is only 5 years old. I'm really proud of him. Three cheers!
Profile Image
Our son was like that as a boy and now one of his majors at University is Comparative Literature.
Profile Image
How proud you must be. By the time I was in 4th grade I had read all the books in the school library and was starting on the college library in town. I can only wish the same for him!
Profile Image

Well done!

When I taught 5 years olds, they would read 4 new books a week, a total of 8 books a week.

The most important thing in getting children to love reading is having good parents and teacher who encourage children to read and who try to install a love of reading.
Profile Image

Awesome!

Profile Image
Very good
Profile Image
Is he a BookCrosser too?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.