corner corner MTBR - March

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

MTBR - March

Hello,

I seem to have forgotten it was now March, on the plus side you have had 3 extra days to reduce your MTBR count.

So how many books have you got to read now.

link to Feb.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9085743

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello,

I seem to have forgotten it was now March, on the plus side you have had 3 extra days to reduce your MTBR count.

So how many books have you got to read now.

link to Feb.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9085743
Profile Image

mine

Jan = 318
Feb = 318
March = 316
Profile Image
1 January 18: 19 printed + 23 Kindle = 42
1 February 18: 23 printed + 18 Kindle = 41, having read 19 books in January
1 March 18: 24 printed + 15 Kindle = 39, having read 21 books in February
Profile Image
Read two books in February, one was a library book.

January 1 - 212 (62 registered by others)
February 1 - 214 (62 registered by others)
March 1 - 214 (63 registered by others)

And added 5 books today.... Oooops. One set in Iran, one in Sudan. Couldn't resist. Books that fits the 666-challenge is always good!

I hope I can manage to get 3 books read in March.
Profile Image
since a lovely bookbox was sent to me.

Up from 1064 to 1083, with a jump up to 293 ABC TBRs. Again, I'll try to make a bigger dent in that #.

The other splits are 418 physical books registered by me and 372 unread on Kindle
Profile Image
574 is up by 2 on last month, up by 6 for the year
Profile Image
574 is up by 2 on last month, up by 6 for the year

Hmmm...never counted any lurking library books, as they usually are in & out again within a week or so.
Profile Image
I agree, but that being said, they are books that I need to read in order to clear my shelves, so that’s why I included them.
Profile Image
January - 1104 (read 6)
February - 1101 (read 7)
March - 1099

I got a book read in a day because I was stuck in the snow on the motorway for 7 hours.

Profile Image
I got a book read in a day because I was stuck in the snow on the motorway for 7 hours.

Ouch! You have my fullest sympathy! Which motorway was that?
We were supposed to be driving home from a short break near Grange over Sands yesterday, a trip involving crossing the Pennines. With the M62 and A66 closed, trouble on other possible routes and scary news reports of people stuck in cars and trains in various places, we decided to stay put. Fortunately for us, although maybe not for them, some people cancelled their bookings, so the hotel had a room come free for us.
We got home safely this morning!
Profile Image
We got home safely this morning!

I'm so glad you did. I was in a bus on the M80. Fortunately I wasn't one of the people who had to stay there overnight. I left the office at 1.30pm and my complete commute took 9.5 hours. I got to the end of the street when the car got stuck so I walked the rest of the way. That was Wednesday and my car got home today thanks to 3 men who dug me out. This was definitely worse than 2010 for me.
Profile Image
That was Wednesday and my car got home today thanks to 3 men who dug me out.

It's good to hear of people helping others. I'm sorry you had such a nightmare commute!
Profile Image
for lowering your TBR last month.

I was down by two myself on the 27th, then made the mistake of stopping by the friends of the library sale on the 28th.

January 2018 - 26
February 2018 - 23
March 2018 - 23

Profile Image
.......I was down by two myself on the 27th, then made the mistake of stopping by the friends of the library sale on the 28th.

Those library sales are dangerous territory for me too!
Profile Image
That’s so cute how your mt. TBR is only in the double digits. Keep it up and you’ll have us all beat😀
Profile Image
Still ploughing through some more difficult ones.

Jan 2018 - 46 with 12 registered by other book crossers
Feb 2018 - 51 with 16 registered by other book crossers
Mar 2018 - 49 with 15 registered by other book crossers

aim for April, go down!
Profile Image
I didn't read much this month, but bought even less!

January: 580
February: 577 (read 4 in January)
March: 575 (read 2 in February)
Profile Image
Thanks to some very generous bookcrossers who sent me loads of birthday RABCK's, I thought I would be way over my total for the beginning of the year, but not actually that bad .... I managed to read lots in Feb as well as received lots :)

01 JAN 2018: TBR = 1167
01 FEB 2018: TBR = 1159
01 MAR 2018: TBR = 1165
Profile Image
I guess I'm really not good at reducing my TBR pile. Maybe march will be the month where I will at least not aquire more than I read.

Jan: 180 (168 print, 12 audio)
Feb: 182 (171 print, 11 audio)
Mar: 184 (174 print, 10 audio)
Profile Image
I guess I'm really not good at reducing my TBR pile. Maybe march will be the month where I will at least not aquire more than I read.

Jan: 180 (168 print, 12 audio)
Feb: 182 (171 print, 11 audio)
Mar: 184 (174 print, 10 audio)

Good luck with that!
Profile Image
you are in good company as that appears to be pretty usual here! However I suspect people's totals would be higher if they weren' t on here!
Profile Image

Here are mine

Jan 496
Feb 484
Mar 484

So I'm holding steady, although I have a couple I need to register and then I'll be losing ground!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.