corner corner The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

This is obviously a well loved teen book and series, judging by the number of people worldwide, taking part in a read-along on Twitter over the holidays. This was hosted by Robert Macfarlane (Lost Words) and Julia Bird. If you know the book and are interested, you can follow on #TheDarkisRising. There is a lovely message from Susan Cooper, on the last day.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This is obviously a well loved teen book and series, judging by the number of people worldwide, taking part in a read-along on Twitter over the holidays. This was hosted by Robert Macfarlane (Lost Words) and Julia Bird. If you know the book and are interested, you can follow on #TheDarkisRising. There is a lovely message from Susan Cooper, on the last day.
Profile Image
I saw that - very charming! I hadn't realized she lives in Marshfield MA now; the entire New England coast got hammered in the recent storm, record-breaking floods with subsequent ice damage... very much in keeping with the increasingly-bleak winter in The Dark is Rising!

Here's a link to the Facebook post - don't know if it's accessible without a Facebook account, though:

https://www.facebook.com/---/thedarkisreading?...
Profile Image
Thank you for the link GD. Just realized my # is incorrect it should be #TheDarkisReading. It was wonderful how real life mirrored the weather during the read along! They are contemplating another book sometime this year.
Profile Image
... "The Color of Water" by James McBride, which I am not finding as compelling as I had hoped. I also just started "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. People say it is not her best work, but I'm keeping an open mind. I'm not far enough into it yet to have any opinion.
Profile Image
Whoops! Thought I was in the "What are you reading?" thread. Ha! My apologies. :)
Profile Image
I'm late, but I can't even guess how many times I've read that series!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.