corner corner The Most Popular Book The Year You Were Born

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The Most Popular Book The Year You Were Born

https://www.msn.com/---/ss-AAu2OCx?...

The most popular book the year I was born was The Color Purple by Alice Walker.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
https://www.msn.com/---/ss-AAu2OCx?...

The most popular book the year I was born was The Color Purple by Alice Walker.
Profile Image
Cujo by Stephen King when I was born. Still, I haven't read anything by this author.
Profile Image
The Robe was the most popular the year I was born (and if you take the time you can find that I was born in 1953). I remember reading this book when I was a teenager and I thought it was quite good.
Profile Image
Seems like the most popular book in the US. Would like to see a eurocentric version now.
Profile Image
Would like to see a eurocentric version now.

Books and paper were in short supply in Europe the year I was born!
Profile Image
Coincidentally this was also amongst the first films I saw in cinema, except that I got really scared in the beginning dad had to come and take me home while my mom and brother stayed and enjoyed the film.
Profile Image
The most popular book the year I was born was "The Source" a historical novel by James A. Michener, Herzog, by Saul Bellow, and Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman were also popular that year.

I haven't read any of these books :-(
Profile Image
The most popular book the year I was born was "The Source" a historical novel by James A. Michener, Herzog, by Saul Bellow, and Up the Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman were also popular that year.

I haven't read any of these books :-(

Obviously we were born the same year :) I have read Up the Down Staircase which I loved.
Profile Image
The 20th calvary, from the western comics series Lucky Luke by Morris and Goscinny, extremely popular in Belgium and France up to the present day.
Profile Image
Was apparently the biggest seller in 1963. Have neither heard of author or book before.
Profile Image
we must have been born the same year. I got the same book. I've never heard of this book or the author.
Profile Image
Wow - that makes me feel old.
Profile Image
Shoes of the Fisherman by Morris West
Profile Image
"The exorcist" : I haven't read it, but I saw the film several times : a classic.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.