corner corner October Readathon begins at midnight 10/27.

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

October Readathon begins at midnight 10/27.

The readathon begins Friday at midnight and is a simple seven days running a wee bit into November in order to include Halloween.

What is a readathon?
The aim is to read for 24 hours spread out over 7 full days and nights. Don't worry if you can't manage the full 24 as it is not as easy as it sounds. 24 hours is just a target to make things interesting - just read as much as you can. Some of us rarely reach it; some of us focus on finishing a particular number of books,etc. The true aim is to have fun! Joining is simple, just post below and say hello! Remember to take note of when we start.

QUESTION-What am I allowed to read!
Normal books, plays, screenplays, poetry, graphic novels, manga, marvel/DC comics, university/college textbooks, books set by schools, audio books, e-books - anything really except newspapers and magazines.

QUESTION-What happens before we start?
After posting here, if you want to you can post your reading goals, set your own reading target and tell us the books you intend to read for the upcoming event. This is all optional!

QUESTION-What happens in the readathon?
You take note of the amount of time you read and then post here to tell us how you are getting on. Most people post daily, but it is not required. You can tell us what you are reading and what you think of it if you want to. We all love books and are naturally curious about what everyone is reading. Some people use clocks or timers or paper and pen to keep track of reading time as it is easy to forget! Book recommendations are always welcome, so if you like what you are reading, tell us about it, please!

QUESTION-When do we start and finish? WE START on Thursday 26 October at 2359 pm as it turns to midnight Friday 27 October in your timezone. We will read for 7 full days and nights and stop as Thursday 2 November 2359 pm becomes Friday 3 November in your timezone.

What happens at the end of the readathon?
After the readathon finishes, we post our final totals and the sign-up sheet for the next month will go up. Hopefully, we'll see you there again!

Remember not to get stressed about your reading - this is a fun challenge! Lately, we have been "accepting our weaknesses" and choosing lower numbers with 24 hours being the ultimate goal.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The readathon begins Friday at midnight and is a simple seven days running a wee bit into November in order to include Halloween.

What is a readathon?
The aim is to read for 24 hours spread out over 7 full days and nights. Don't worry if you can't manage the full 24 as it is not as easy as it sounds. 24 hours is just a target to make things interesting - just read as much as you can. Some of us rarely reach it; some of us focus on finishing a particular number of books,etc. The true aim is to have fun! Joining is simple, just post below and say hello! Remember to take note of when we start.

QUESTION-What am I allowed to read!
Normal books, plays, screenplays, poetry, graphic novels, manga, marvel/DC comics, university/college textbooks, books set by schools, audio books, e-books - anything really except newspapers and magazines.

QUESTION-What happens before we start?
After posting here, if you want to you can post your reading goals, set your own reading target and tell us the books you intend to read for the upcoming event. This is all optional!

QUESTION-What happens in the readathon?
You take note of the amount of time you read and then post here to tell us how you are getting on. Most people post daily, but it is not required. You can tell us what you are reading and what you think of it if you want to. We all love books and are naturally curious about what everyone is reading. Some people use clocks or timers or paper and pen to keep track of reading time as it is easy to forget! Book recommendations are always welcome, so if you like what you are reading, tell us about it, please!

QUESTION-When do we start and finish? WE START on Thursday 26 October at 2359 pm as it turns to midnight Friday 27 October in your timezone. We will read for 7 full days and nights and stop as Thursday 2 November 2359 pm becomes Friday 3 November in your timezone.

What happens at the end of the readathon?
After the readathon finishes, we post our final totals and the sign-up sheet for the next month will go up. Hopefully, we'll see you there again!

Remember not to get stressed about your reading - this is a fun challenge! Lately, we have been "accepting our weaknesses" and choosing lower numbers with 24 hours being the ultimate goal.
Profile Image
who else is with me? I'm in for 14 hours.
Profile Image
I'll try for double figures this time, which is a little bit more than an hour a day :)
Profile Image
Profile Image
And see if maybe I can get something suitably spooky into the mix?
Profile Image
I'll say 12 hours, probably all of them spent in Virgin River.....
Profile Image
Since half my weekend will be spent with visiting family. And during the week I seem to lack proper reading time. But... we'll see how it turns out at the end of the readathon week.
Profile Image
Here's to spooky and not so spooky reading.
Profile Image

I'm in too

Aiming for 12 hrs again. Haven't quite decided on my Halloween themed book yet, probably Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - something with zombies... :)
Profile Image
Aiming for 12 hrs again. Haven't quite decided on my Halloween themed book yet, probably Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry - something with zombies... :)

Rot & Ruin is one of my favorite zombie books. Another is Mira Grant's Feed, although that's a darker read. Grant (Seanan McGuire's alter ego) is one of my favorite authors.
Profile Image

Rot & Ruin is one of my favorite zombie books. Another is Mira Grant's Feed, although that's a darker read. Grant (Seanan McGuire's alter ego) is one of my favorite authors.

Then I'll definitely read Rot & Ruin next :)

I'm currently reading A Letter of Mary by Laurie King, which is nearly finished.
Profile Image

I love Mira Grant too, and I've also enjoyed books she's written under her real name. Feed is an excellent zombie book.
Profile Image

I'm in!

I'll try for 14 hours again.
Profile Image

Argrh

Missed the beginning, so probably no progress in day 1!
Profile Image

I'm in!

I missed the last couple of readathons but hope to get in lots of reading this coming week. I don't have any specific goals but hope to get through a good chunk of Neal Stephenson's Quicksilver (over 1200 pages!) and a couple of shorter books.
Profile Image
CONTINUING:

◦ Castaway Odyssey by Eric Flint & Ryk E. Spoor
E-book

This is apparently book 5 in a series, but so far it seems to stand alone just fine. When I read the dedication to Heinlein for his juveniles and to Armstrong Sperry for Call It Courage, I knew this book would be right up my alley: 1 adult and 4 kids (ages 18 down to 8) in a lifeboat must find their way to a previously unknown planet and survive...

◦ Summit by Harry Farthing
audio download read by the author

Unlike some authors who read their own fiction, Farthing does a pretty good job with different voices, etc. Much of the story has to do with Mount Everest, with quite a lot happening in Kathmandu so far, so I may end up counting it as my Nepal read for the 666 challenge. The action has been switching back and forth between 1938 and 2009, and both stories are compelling, with sympathetic protagonists and suitably nasty villains. Since this is audio, I looked up some info about the book to confirm the spelling of Sarron's name - my brain kept wanting to make it Sauron. ;)

Apparently the author is a climber himself, so I'm guessing those scenes are reasonably accurate. As for the mysterious ice axe, that's what fiction is for, right?

◦ Surviving Paradise by Peter Rudiak-Gould
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12694750

Of course, someone claimed the one TBR book I had in the nonfiction VBB...so now I'm trying to finish it so I can send it off!

I live on a much larger island than Ujae, but nevertheless some elements of Peter's story are familiar. I've met a number of Pacific islanders and although I don't know them well, I've learned a (very) little about their customs, etc. I recently attended an event featuring food made from breadfruit ( https://www.flickr.com/---/dateposted-public/ ) - and learned a lot more about it - so I was interested to read his comments about that.

===========

Overall time:

Day 1 (Fri 10/27): 3 hrs 49 mins

Running total for October: 3 hrs 49 mins

Goal: 24 hours in 7 days
Profile Image
all of it spent in Virgin River. Finished up Paradise Valley by Robyn Carr #7 in the series. Now off to #8/20!
Profile Image
I clocked 3 hrs of reading time on this first day.
Finished Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go and nade a cautious start with Fear of Flying by Erica Jong.
The other book I'm still reading (night stand biggie of 1020 pages) is Kristin Lacransdochter by Sigrid Undset.
Profile Image
I was hoping for more, but my mom fell and the nursing home sent her to the ER. We stayed with her till they decided not to keep her at hospital (2AM).
I couldn't read there because she kept trying to get out of bed and leave on her own. Too much mama drama!
Profile Image
I was hoping for more, but my mom fell and the nursing home sent her to the ER. We stayed with her till they decided not to keep her at hospital (2AM).
I couldn't read there because she kept trying to get out of bed and leave on her own. Too much mama drama!

Oh boy...hope she's doing better.
Profile Image

It's good in that she didn't hurt herself badly, but her dementia is getting worse very quickly. She's been found on the floor twice since then.
Profile Image

It's good in that she didn't hurt herself badly, but her dementia is getting worse very quickly. She's been found on the floor twice since then.

Getting old is no fun. Watching those you love get old is no picnic either. Hang in there..
Profile Image

Sorry to hear that. I can imagine it's really stressful and hard to watch a loved one getting worse like that☹️
Profile Image

So sorry to hear this, etherea. It must be very stressful for you.
Profile Image

Day 1

Day 1: 2 hours 21 minutes

I started reading a book I was given for my birthday...Behold, Here's Poison. I also spent time reading with my son: Encyclopedia Brown Cracks the Case...Wagons West (finished)...Silver Sails...and...Guide's Greatest Escape from Crime Stories(finished). I also read from the book...The Perfect Gift.
Profile Image
Glad to see you here!
Profile Image
Thank you...I look forward to this every month.
Profile Image
I got behind on day1 with just 40 minutes of reading. I did finish a book off though. The Enthusiast Almanack by the Enthusiast.
Day 2 I caught up a bit. Still plodding on with Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell and have started Blue Monday by Nicci French. A trip to the hairdressers helped with a reading time of 1 hour 55 mins.

Running total =2 hours 35 mins
Profile Image
This day I spend doing grocery shopping (monthly big ones with my mum), trying to put together a difficult jig saw puzzle of 3000 pieces and cooking.
I got only a tiny little bit of reading time.

My totals thus far:
Day 2 = 20 mins
Day 1 = 3 hrs
SUM for October readathon: 3 hrs 20 mins
Profile Image
What is the jigsaw puzzle? I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles with my son...100-350 pieces so far.
Profile Image
What is the jigsaw puzzle? I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles with my son...100-350 pieces so far.

I like jigsaw puzzles too - but not during the readathon! ;)
Profile Image
CONTINUING:

E-book

When I hit part III, it became clear that this really is a sequel to Castaway Planet. Since I have that book too, I'm putting this on hold to go back & read that one...

STARTED:

◦ Castaway Planet by Eric Flint & Ryk E. Spoor
E-book

This one is dedicated to Daniel Defoe (Robinson Crusoe), Johann David Wyss (Swiss Family Robinson), and Jules Verne (The Mysterious Island), "three authors who created and shaped the genre of castaway fiction". Yeah, I think I'll like this one too. Starting this one answers some questions about Castaway Odyssey right off the top...except that I might have had similar questions about this book if I'd started it first.

STARTED & FINISHED:

• Skippyjon Jones: Cirque de Olé by Judy Schachner
Not registered yet.

The wacky Siamese kitten who wants to be a chihuahua is at it again.

• A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14784146

Lima beans are ok. I prefer soybeans - one of my favorite snacks (eaten straight from the pod, boiled with a little salt) since I was a kid. As far as I'm concerned, calling them edamame is just a marketing gimmick to make them sound fancier.

===========

Overall time:

Day 2 (Sat 10/28): 4 hrs 3 mins

Running total for October: 7 hrs 52 mins

Profile Image
and another Virgin River novel done! Now reading #9 in the series
Profile Image
Not much reading time this weekend.
I finished A Letter of Mary, and will be starting on Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry.

Day 1: 25 mins
Day2: 20 mins
Day 3: 1 hr (so far)
Profile Image
Total = 1 hour and 30 minutes
Profile Image
Had a slow start but am on track now. I could have read for three more minutes, but I finished reading a book. Starting another one tomorrow.
Glad to see everyone's success so far.
Profile Image

Day 2

Day 2: 3 hours 46 minutes
Total: 6 hours 7 minutes

I read more from a book I've been working on...The Called...the Chosen. I finished reading...The Perfect Gift by Lee Venden. I started another book with my son...Guide's Greatest Angel Stories. I also made a dent in reading...Behold, Here's Poison. I want to finish that one before the end of this month.
Profile Image
Went to the movies this afternoon (Victoria & Abdul) and had dinner out afterwards. Too much computer time and not enough reading time today.

CONTINUING:

◦ Castaway Planet by Eric Flint & Ryk E. Spoor

ON HOLD:

===========

Overall time:

Day 3 (Sun 10/29): 2 hrs 28 mins

Running total for October: 10 hrs 20 mins
Profile Image
I had quite a bit of reading time, due to a nearly sleepless night. Not sure whether I like it or not.
Finished two smaller books and started a third, that I'm still reading: Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.

Reading time:
Day 3: 7 hrs 25 mins

Totals for the whole period will be added later, just doing a quick update so I won't forget :-)
Profile Image
I....Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne.

I never read this classic. Not sure if I ever will, as there's always too many books and too little time.
Profile Image
This day was a bad one, and not only reading-wise. But I'll stick yo the reading here:
Kristin Lavransdochter by Sigrid Undset made me fall asleep fast :-)

Total for day 4 = 23 mins.
Total reading time = to be added later
Profile Image
This day was a bad one, and not only reading-wise.

I'm guessing the lack of sleep from the night before didn't help: it never does. Hang in there...
Profile Image

Day 3

Day 3: 1 hr. 26 min.
Total: 7 hrs. 33 min.

I read more from... Behold, Here's Poison. I also read to my son from the book, Monkey Tales. I also read a bit from, The Called...the Chosen.

I didn't get a lot of time in because I was sitting through the CPR and Basic First Aid Class with my son. I couldn't pay the $25 dollar fee for both of us...so he got certified and I got a nice review. It was a four hour class and I'm very proud of my son getting certified at 10 years of age.
Profile Image
FINISHED:

• Castaway Planet by Eric Flint & Ryk E. Spoor
• Castaway Odyssey by Eric Flint & Ryk E. Spoor

An interesting pair of books: they really should be read in quick sucession, because the stories are clearly designed to dovetail with each other. I enjoyed them, probably because they're the sort of thing I almost always like. :)

CONTINUING:

STARTED:

◦ Zombie, Ohio: A Tale of the Undead by Scott Kenemore
e-book

Or more accurately perhaps, A Tale _by_ the Undead. College professor Peter Mellor wakes up on the side of the road after a serious car crash with some real memory issues - he has to look at his driver's license to find out his own name. However, he soon discovers that he has bigger problems than not remembering things: that car crash did a lot more damage than he first realized. In fact, he's become what the government is calling a "moving cadaver," but no one else has figured that out yet...

===========

Overall time:

Day 4 (Mon 10/30): 4 hrs 3 mins

Running total for October: 14 hrs 23 mins

Profile Image
Here are my totals so far:
Friday: 2 hours reading, 1.5 hour audiobook
Saturday: 1.5 hours reading, 1.5 hours audiobook
Sunday: 1.5 hours reading
Monday: 1 hour reading, 1 hour audiobook

Total so far: 6 hours reading, 4 hours audiobook
Profile Image
Fell behind but hoping to make it up today while giving out candy.
Profile Image
LOTS of reading this time, as I spend time in Virgin River. Up to book 13/20.

5 hours 20 minutes in the 2 days = 12 hours 30 minutes
Profile Image
Got way behind with just 35 mins on day 3 and mostly audio on day 4 with another 35mins. Got caught up in traffic on day 5 so this increased my audio time plus I read more 1 hour 20 mins .

Total so far 5 hours 5mins
Profile Image
Mostly audio & zombies today.

CONTINUING:

◦ Zombie, Ohio: A Tale of the Undead by Scott Kenemore

===========

Overall time:

Day 5 (Tue 10/31): 5 hrs 36 mins

Running total for October: 19 hrs 59 mins

Profile Image
Again a busy day without any proper reading time...

Just before falling asleep I managed to get a whole 25 mins of reading done. Yeah!

My totals thus far:
Day 5 = 25 mins
Day 4 = 23 mins
Day 3 = 7 hrs 25 mins
Day 2 = 20 mins
Day 1 = 3 hrs
SUM for October Readathon: 11 hrs 33 mins
Profile Image
Day 3 = 7 hrs 25 mins

Now THAT's impressive!!
Profile Image
I started on Rot & Ruin and quite liking it so far. Also started an audiobook, Airborn by Kenneth Oppel (which was a free sync download). But now wondering if I should have picked something else, since they both have a teenage boy as main character and I might confuse them/their stories 😆
Profile Image
But now wondering if I should have picked something else, since they both have a teenage boy as main character and I might confuse them/their stories 😆

Yeah, I try not to have too much overlap in my reads, but looking at the description for Airborn (I haven't listened to it yet) you should be ok: it doesn't seem to have any zombies. ;)
Profile Image
Managed to read another 20 minutes today before falling asleep. The book I'm still reading is Kristin Lavransdochter by Sigrid Undset. Still around 300 pages to go (off more than 1000)...

Need a new book for daytime reading. Not sure which one to choose from my oldies:
Krebsstation I (and II right after it) by Aleksandr Solzhenytsin
Watching a Tree to Catch a Hare by Adeline Yen Mah
The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory...
Choices, choices... I'll probably pick one of them when I get home from work this afternoon. Or a totally different one... Will see :-)

My totals thus far:
Day 6 = 20 mins
Day 5 = 25 mins
Day 4 = 23 mins
Day 3 = 7 hrs 25 mins
Day 2 = 20 mins
Day 1 = 3 hrs
SUM for October Readathon: 11 hrs 53 mins
Profile Image

Day 4

Day 4: 55 min.
Total: 8 hrs. 28 min.

I read more from...Behold, Here's Poison...and...Guide's Greatest Angel Stories.
Profile Image

Day 5

Day 5: 2 hrs. 1 min.
Total: 10 hrs. 29 min.

I started a new book called, I Love Ken....which is about Barbie's boyfriend Ken (yes, the dolls), explaining how to be a good boyfriend. I also read from the two books mentioned on Day 4.
Profile Image

Day 6

Day 6: 2 hrs. 31 min.
Total: 13 hrs.

I finished reading...Behold, Here's Poison. I thought it was a great mystery. I also finished readind...I Love Ken. It was not quite as funny as I thought it would be, but I sure enjoyed seeing all the different Ken dolls and the different outfits Ken had over the years. Plus, Ken had some sound advice for how to be a good boyfriend.
Profile Image

RE: Day 6

I also finished readind...I Love Ken. It was not quite as funny as I thought it would be, but I sure enjoyed seeing all the different Ken dolls and the different outfits Ken had over the years. Plus, Ken had some sound advice for how to be a good boyfriend.

Poor Ken: Barbie gets all the press..and most of the good clothes.
Profile Image
Yes, they had him in some ugly outfits...LOL!
Profile Image
Ended up going to a UH basketball game tonight (that was not originally in the plan) so not as much reading...

FINISHED:

• Zombie, Ohio: A Tale of the Undead by Scott Kenemore
e-book

I enjoyed learning Peter's story, even if he does eat brains. ;)

STARTED and finished:

• Hopper by Marcus Pfister

I always enjoy Pfister's art, although this time I found the story a bit lacking.

CONTINUING:

===========

Overall time:

Day 6 (Wed 11/1): 2 hrs 4 mins

Running total for October: 22 hrs 3 mins

Profile Image
Halloween evening wore me out and no reading was accomplished. I had 155 trick or treaters in 1 hour and 25 minutes. Ran out of candy - turned off the porch light and shut the door for the last 35 official minutes. Sigh...
Recovery was slow. I slept for almost 9 hours and thought I was in great shape, but I was aching from sitting out in the cold. I fell asleep while attempting to read and napped for 3 hours.
Glad that everyone else is having success!
Profile Image
Sounds like you had a great Halloween. I took my son trick or treating until his plastic pumpkin was full and he was getting tired from holding it and from all the walking. We returned home to rest and pass out candy, stickers, and pencils. Then, my son wanted to go back out again...so off we went. When we returned home we still had about four more groups come through. We had a lot of kids this year. The next day we were both wiped out. We gave some candy to my husband to take to work to share with his co-workers. We also indulged in eating a few pieces to get our strength back...lol. I felt badly for this one lady who told me she prepared 73 bags to give to the kids and so far had only given out about 16. I told her that putting up a couple Halloween decorations might help people know she was home. There were a lot of homes that turned off porch lights and people didn't want to walk down a street for just one house.
Profile Image
FINISHED:

• Summit by Harry Farthing
Audio download read by the author

Crazy story, but it ended satisfactorily. Henrietta is quite a character.

CONTINUING:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12694750

Of course, this is the one I'm *supposed* to be finishing, because it's been claimed from the NF VBB. But non-fiction is almost always slower for me: I generally don't get sucked in by the story the way I can with fiction. I'm about 2/3rds done though, so hopefully it won't be *too* much longer...

STARTED:

◦ Read My Pins by Madeleine Albright
e-book

Interesting, and I love that the e-book has color photos. Unfortunately the photo captioning is not well-matched to the photos, so it can be a bit confusing. (I'm presuming it's correct in the hardcopy.)

===========

Overall time:

Day 6 (Wed 11/1): 2 hrs 4 mins
Day 7 (Thu 11/2): 2 hrs 43 mins

Running total for October: 24 hrs 46 mins

Profile Image
Spent the whole readathon in Virgin River, a fake town in California. Sort of like Cedar Cove for Debbie Macomber fans or Fools Gold for Susan Mallery fans.

A main couple/drama in each book, but also lots of secondary stories and recurring characters to keep the interest going. Robyn Carr has a very good editor - very rare slipups in time frames/previous happenings references. Makes it a good series.

I'll be done this series in the next week or so, so for the next readathon, will likely be back in the heavier ABC TBRs
Profile Image

Day 7

Day 7: 1 hr. 13 min.
Total:14 hrs. 13 min.

I didn't feel like working on any of my other books, so I started a new one...a romance called A Daughter's Legacy...a light, easy read. My son and I finished reading...Encyclopedia Brown Cracks the Case. We both enjoy these mini mysteries. Thank goodness I have another Encyclopedia Brown book set aside to give to him for his birthday. I know he'll love that. We also got another story read from, Guide's Greatest Angel Stories.

So, in all, I'm very pleased with my results for this readathon. I read 2 hours beyond my 12 hour goal and I managed to finish reading 6 books! One of those books was a birthday gift and I'm glad to have one of those done. I received so many wonderful books for my birthday and it seems to take me forever to get to reading all of them. I'm going to try to read another one from my birthday stack this month...two if I can. I want to keep those books moving.

Congrats to hyphen8 for making the 24 hour goal! Congrats to NancyNova who managed to get in more time than I did. I'll have to check back later to find out how everyone else faired.
Profile Image
Managed to read another 35 minutes today before falling asleep! I'm still reading is Kristin Lavransdochter by Sigrid Undset. Still around 300 pages to go, bedtime reading is not the quickest (or most efficient) reading.

The new book I picked for daytime reading turned out to be Krebsstation I (and II right after it) by Aleksandr Solzhenytsin
After picking it, I managed to squeeze in a a whole 10 minutes, before anything and everything asked my attention again. Sigh.

My totals thus far:
Day 7 = 45 mins
Day 6 = 20 mins
Day 5 = 25 mins
Day 4 = 23 mins
Day 3 = 7 hrs 25 mins
Day 2 = 20 mins
Day 1 = 3 hrs
SUM for October Readathon: 12 hrs 38 mins
Profile Image
In this October readathon I met the goal I set myself, because I largely took the Sunday off to read. Hadn't I done that, then reading time would've been significantly less.

Nevertheless: I had fun reading this thread, reading, being aware of how much me-time I actually have and of course it was nice to meet my goal :-)

Thank you, Katethegreyt, for hosting this thread!
Profile Image
Nevertheless: I had fun reading this thread, reading, being aware of how much me-time I actually have and of course it was nice to meet my goal :-)

Glad you had a good time: I hope you'll join us again next month. :)
Profile Image
Did 2 hours 5 mins

Final total 7 hours 10 mins

Short of my goal. Although I averaged more than 1 hour a day. The extra minute or two each day wasn't quite enough ;-)
Profile Image
Day 1 = 1 hour
Day 2 = 30 minutes
Day 3 = 15 minutes
Day 4 = 2 hours 30 minutes
Day 5 = 1 hour
Day 6 = 2 hours
Day 7 = 1 hour 30 minutes
I didn't make my goal, but I'm happy with the results.
Profile Image
My week turned out busier than expected, so my reading time is rather less than I planned.. *Sigh* Well I did enjoy the time I spent reading (mostly Rot & Ruin). :)

Day 1: 25 mins
Day 2: 20 mins
Day 3: 1 hr
Day 4: 15 mins
Day 5: 1 hr 10 mins
Day 6: 20 mins
Day 7: 1 hr

Profile Image
I didn't have all that much time for reading earlier on the week, but I ended up spending 5 hours on a bus on Friday, which greatly contributed to my reading time.

Here's my final totals: 13.5 hours reading, 8 hours audiobook. I finished The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing, Wild Orchid by Beverley Brenna and The Break by Katherena Vermette. I also read 220 more pages of Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.