corner corner 1001-Library

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

1001-Library

With the US 1001-Library starting up, the 1001-Library administrators would like to know how the Library could work better for members outside the US. There have been fewer requests and a number of members have gone quiet. Please PM or reply below with your opinion on the following suggestions.
As most of the members of the 1001-Library are in Europe, is it time for a Europe only group? This would bring down costs for postage.
For members outside Europe and the US, would anyone like to take on role of a continental administrator?

As for the books in our possession, they could belong to the Library where the current owner is.

It is very sad, postage is a growing problem, but as I source most of my books second hand, I haven't minded spending a bit more to get hold of and pass on hard to find books. I also really like the sense of community. Please post here, send us a PM or add your comments to one of the forum posts.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
With the US 1001-Library starting up, the 1001-Library administrators would like to know how the Library could work better for members outside the US. There have been fewer requests and a number of members have gone quiet. Please PM or reply below with your opinion on the following suggestions.
As most of the members of the 1001-Library are in Europe, is it time for a Europe only group? This would bring down costs for postage.
For members outside Europe and the US, would anyone like to take on role of a continental administrator?

As for the books in our possession, they could belong to the Library where the current owner is.

It is very sad, postage is a growing problem, but as I source most of my books second hand, I haven't minded spending a bit more to get hold of and pass on hard to find books. I also really like the sense of community. Please post here, send us a PM or add your comments to one of the forum posts.
Profile Image
When I talk about Europe, I use the term in the way I was taught in school: including the part of Russia before the Ural mountains and also the islands off the cost of Africa (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're Spanish :-) Royal Dutch mail seems to think otherwise these days...

To help define I thought I'd share a link to a web page that I use to see if a country is Europe: https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-europe.html

Could this be of use, what do you think?
Profile Image
As far as I can remember (and from what I can see from this link), Europe is geographical, with overseas European possessions like the Azores and Canaries counted as Europe. I have sent to both of those and Madeira for the same price as Spain and Portugal.

https://www.royalmail.com/---/Royal-Mail-International-Wallchart-March-2017_0.pdf

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.