corner corner The House of the Mosque by Kader Abdolah

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The House of the Mosque by Kader Abdolah

I read The House of the Mosque and really enjoyed it, partly because I enjoy contemporary stories from beyond the western metropolitan setting.

However, when I came to register it and the cover art disappeared, I found that the GoodReads rating was low, with many people rating it boring.

Have you read it? Did you find it boring, or a rich description of a different way of life?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I read The House of the Mosque and really enjoyed it, partly because I enjoy contemporary stories from beyond the western metropolitan setting.

However, when I came to register it and the cover art disappeared, I found that the GoodReads rating was low, with many people rating it boring.

Have you read it? Did you find it boring, or a rich description of a different way of life?
Profile Image
I loved it. Read it in Dutch a few years ago. I like his writing style but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Profile Image
I also originally read it in Dutch because Kader Abdolah was recommended on the Dutch forum as being suitable for someone learning Dutch and I found his use of Dutch very clear. But I realised on re-reading the English translation that I'd missed some of the subtleties, and that's why I rated it more highly this time.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.