corner corner The Martian - Thanks!

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The Martian - Thanks!

I just wanted to thank you all for recommending The Martian a few years ago. Based partly on your good reviews (coming from a diverse group) I chose it for a book club book. We haven't even met yet and two poeple have said they never would have chosen it but really liked it. I love when we get a surprise hit like that. So, Thanks! :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I just wanted to thank you all for recommending The Martian a few years ago. Based partly on your good reviews (coming from a diverse group) I chose it for a book club book. We haven't even met yet and two poeple have said they never would have chosen it but really liked it. I love when we get a surprise hit like that. So, Thanks! :)
Profile Image
I don't know if mine was among those recommendations, but I'm glad your book-group folk are enjoying it - it was one of my top reads of the year when I first read it (and listened to it; the audiobook version is AWESOME!).

Update: forgot to add a link to one of the copies I've released ( https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14630213/ ); that makes six so far {wry grin}.
Profile Image
I think you probably were one of the influences Gory, I remember now when you said you loved it, and I trust your book reviews! :)
Profile Image
the audiobook version is AWESOME!).

I absolutely second this: the audio version rocked.
Profile Image
Glad you are getting good feedback. Andy Weir has a new book out: Artemis which is billed as a heist story set on the moon. Sounds intriguing.
Profile Image
I just read a teaser chapter in The Martian. I had no idea it was a heist story but it was indeed intriguing.
Profile Image
Glad you are getting good feedback. Andy Weir has a new book out: Artemis which is billed as a heist story set on the moon. Sounds intriguing.

Goodreads has a giveaway for Artemis...They keep repeating it after the deadline ends they have been putting it up for a giveaway again. So might have multiple chances of winning a copy!
https://www.goodreads.com/---/256966-artemis
25 copies up for the giveaway.
Profile Image
Goodreads has a giveaway for Artemis...

And for today (the 17th) only, Amazon (probably just the UK version) has The Martian as its Kindle Daily Deal for 99 pence, should anyone fancy an e-copy!
Profile Image
Winners have been selected.
Profile Image
I stumbled across The Martian in the bookshelf at work last year, and had a look at the first pages. Hadn't really thought of reading it before, but after starting to read it, I simply had to read the entire book!
Profile Image

Artemis

They're having another giveaway for Artemis, only 10 copies this time.

https://www.goodreads.com/---/260518-artemis

If you have a Goodreads account, you can add this book to your to-read shelf and every time it's up for a giveaway, they'll send you an email to let you know.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.