corner corner What are you reading now? October 05 to October 07

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

What are you reading now? October 05 to October 07

What year was the book first published?

Just started 'The Horse Whisperer' by Nicholas Evans (1995)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
What year was the book first published?

Just started 'The Horse Whisperer' by Nicholas Evans (1995)
Profile Image
Nonfiction: A Nun's Story by Sister Agatha with Richard Newman, reminiscences of a nun in her 80s who's living out her days in the convent she headed for years, the Bar Convent in York, recommended for coffee/tea and a look around if you're in the city - first published in 2017

Novel: A Column of Fire by Ken Follett, the third in the Kingsbridge series, this one comes forward another 200 years into the 16th century - published in September 2017

Carrying around on the Kindle: The Cornish Collection by Fern Britton, marketed as a collection of three short stories but, as they each have several chapters, they're more like novellas - individually from 2014 and 2015, omnibused together in 2016.
Profile Image
Carrying around on the Kindle: The Cornish Collection by Fern Britton, marketed as a collection of three short stories but, as they each have several chapters, they're more like novellas - individually from 2014 and 2015, omnibused together in 2016.

Finished it. Don't yet know what I'll replace it with.
Profile Image
Finished it. Don't yet know what I'll replace it with.

And finally I do! It's In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear, her 13th Maisie Dobbs mystery, which opens in September 1939 as World War II begins.
Profile Image
Nonfiction: A Nun's Story by Sister Agatha with Richard Newman, reminiscences of a nun in her 80s who's living out her days in the convent she headed for years, the Bar Convent in York, recommended for coffee/tea and a look around if you're in the city - first published in 2017

Finished it. I found it interesting - but with reservations!
A huge hardback next, a newly-released reservation I picked up from the library this morning: Queens of the Conquest by Alison Weir, the first of four histories looking at queens from 1066 to 1485, starting with Matilda of Flanders, wife of William the Bastard, but with the exception of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Isabella of France, as she's previously published separate biographies of them, both of which I've read and enjoyed!
Profile Image
by J. D. Davies published in 2012

Set in 1665 Anglo Dutch war. The Royal Navy - post Cromwell.
Profile Image
Published in 2016.
Profile Image
A library book that I picked up on impulse. It looks like a good story.
Profile Image
READING
1. The Names of the Holy Spirit by Elmer L. Towns -- first published 2012; I read a little each morning for inspiration

2. The Lady of the River by Philippa Gregory -- first published 2012; listening to on my phone

3. Saying it Well by Chuck Swindoll audio first published 2012; listening to in the car

4. The Dollmaker by Harriett Arnow - first published 1954; My evening read

ALL YEAR: God's Best for My Life by Lloyd John Ogilvie and New Testament (A challenge with my grandchildren)
Profile Image
It was originally published in Japanese in 2005, then in English in 2011.
Profile Image
Whistling Past The Graveyard by Susan Crandall - it was published in 2013.

I am about to start IT by Stephen King first published in 1986.
Profile Image
Published in 1945. My first time reading Mr. Waugh. I just started last night and so far have only read the prologue.
Profile Image
1. Listening to Susan's Song book 4 of The Dark Tower by Stephen King
2. The Concious Discipline book for work
3. A Christmas romance anthology The Last Chance Christmas Ball
Profile Image
I read the horse whisperer a couple years before I had even heard of bookcrossing, and I lift it in a hotel room with a note inside that included my email address and asked for others’ thoughts on the book.
Profile Image
Sounds like you were a BookCrosser before you were a BookCrosser! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.