corner corner October Last Sentence Thread

Forum | << Book Talk | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

October Last Sentence Thread

It's October! A special month to me, my birthday later this month, my daughter's birthday right before mine, and my beloved and much missed Grandma's birthday the same day as mine. But on a more relevant topic, I sat up pretty late last night reading, and then slept in this morning, and finished my book over a late breakfast. I look forward to your last sentences, and thank you all for participating in this thread each month!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It's October! A special month to me, my birthday later this month, my daughter's birthday right before mine, and my beloved and much missed Grandma's birthday the same day as mine. But on a more relevant topic, I sat up pretty late last night reading, and then slept in this morning, and finished my book over a late breakfast. I look forward to your last sentences, and thank you all for participating in this thread each month!
Profile Image
The River at Night, by Erica Ferencik.
Profile Image
'and that can't be wrong because it feels like the most wonderful thing in the world.'
From Natural Born Readers by Victoria Connelly
Profile Image
till the day that I die - and whenever that is, if that poor loveless thing Elizabeth is still on the throne, then I know at least that she will give me a magnificant funeral, fit for the last Tudor princess.
From The Last Tudor by Philippa Gregory
Profile Image
looking behind everything that happened, so I could find the gifts I got tucked inside of me.

- Whistling Past The Graveyard by Susan Crandall -
Profile Image
but that one day - who knows - we may yet come to understand some of it.
From A Nun's Story by Sister Agatha with Richard Newman
Profile Image
Always a Cowboy, by Linda Lael Miller.
Profile Image
How the Dead Live by Will Self.
Profile Image
From In This Grave Hour by Jacqueline Winspear
Profile Image
and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed sombre under an overcast sky - seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness.

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.
Profile Image
Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck, by Molly Harper.
Profile Image
From A Column of Fire by Ken Follett
Profile Image
The book is Vaclav & Lena by Haley Tanner.
Profile Image
was Debbie lifting it out of his hand and setting it back on the table.

Heartsick by Chelsea Cain.
Profile Image
From The Sultan's Wife by Jane Johnson
Profile Image
and it was left to Elizabeth I to prove that a queen could be as successful as a king in governing the realm.
From Queens of the Conquest by Alison Weir
Profile Image
From If My Father Loved Me by Rosie Thomas
Profile Image
up at her doting husband and replied, "A Happy Ending."

One Night of Scandal, by Teresa Medeiros.
Profile Image
Mr. Lemoncello's Great Library Race by Chris Grabenstein
Profile Image
but there is much that cannot ever be rebuilt.
From Raven Seek Thy Brother by Gavin Maxwell

At last I have a last sentence I can quote! Lately most of them have been spoilers!
Profile Image
as if a tipping point had been reached . . . as if religious thought had just traversed the farther reaches of its orbit and was now circling back, wearied from its long journey, and finally coming home.
From Origin by Dan Brown
Profile Image
Brideshead Revisited, by Evelyn Waugh.
Profile Image
Save Me, by Lisa Scottoline.
Profile Image
From The Curse of the House of Foskett by MRC Kasasian
Profile Image
Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood.
Profile Image
From Ragnorok: The Final Destiny of the Gods, the last tale in Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
Profile Image
we now look to one more great leap forward.

The First Tube by Mike Horne and Bob Bayman.
Profile Image
From The Tower is Full of Ghosts Today by Alison Weir
Profile Image
From Christmas with the Book Lovers by Victoria Connelly
Profile Image
From "In the land of Giants, hunting monsters in the Hindu Kush" by Gabi Martínez

Full last paragraph reads. "Please, stay in touch with me. I'm in danger because they don't want me to help you, or Jordi's family. If anything happens to me, it was Asif.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.