corner corner Rain and wind forecast for tomorrow; settling in with cat - and a new game:

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Rain and wind forecast for tomorrow; settling in with cat - and a new game:

Well, sort of a game. It's from the Jacquie Lawson animated e-cards folks, and is a design-your-own-English-garden thing, with their lovely animations, tiny bonuses here and there, and lots of flowers. It's set up to take time - plant seeds and then wait for them to bloom, find new activities unlocked each day, that kind of thing. Suits my leisurely game style {wry grin}. So far I've managed to scroll around the garden - it comes complete with night-time noises, and a curious fox that runs by the grillwork of the garden gate now and then.

For the curious, see more here:

https://www.jacquielawson.com/---/garden

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Well, sort of a game. It's from the Jacquie Lawson animated e-cards folks, and is a design-your-own-English-garden thing, with their lovely animations, tiny bonuses here and there, and lots of flowers. It's set up to take time - plant seeds and then wait for them to bloom, find new activities unlocked each day, that kind of thing. Suits my leisurely game style {wry grin}. So far I've managed to scroll around the garden - it comes complete with night-time noises, and a curious fox that runs by the grillwork of the garden gate now and then.

For the curious, see more here:

https://www.jacquielawson.com/garden
Profile Image
Thanks! I missed the Christmas one this past year, so this will be a good substitute.
Profile Image
The Jacquie Lawson garden is quite lovely, and very relaxing - a kind of animated screen-saver with bonus activities; if you don't do anything at all re the plantings and seed-sowing there will still be new things flowering every few days, and the sound effects for daytime and nighttime versions are charming. (I love the fox sneaking past the garden gate at night.)

I found that tickling the garden gnome will generate tins of fertilizer, which can make the newly-seeded plants grow to readiness instantly rather than the 3 days they take without assistance. (I wish real-life fertilizer - or seeds, come to that - worked that fast!)

And I'm mildly addicted to the bug-bashing game - it's the same template as the balloon-busting, Christmas-ornament-smashing, and sports-ball-busting games, though it seems to me that this one's a lot harder to win. Very satisfying to destroy all those slugs and beetles and such - without any mess to clean up...
Profile Image

Tickling

Garden gnomes generate MAGIC fertilizer. Of COURSE it works faster than the regular stuff.
Profile Image
We love ours. The daffodils will soon be in bloom plus the pretty cherry blossom, tulips and irises now that the snow has melted.
Profile Image
We love ours. The daffodils will soon be in bloom plus the pretty cherry blossom, tulips and irises now that the snow has melted.

My actual garden is currently under a foot of snow; before this storm, I had some snowdrops blooming, but I'll have to wait for the thaw before I can see them again!
Profile Image
One of the recently-unlocked bits of the garden game involved a book of gardening tips, which mentioned ways to encourage helpful wildlife, including hedgehogs. (This is UK-specific, alas - no hedgehogs for me!) Anyway, after that I expected to see little hedgehogs scurrying around the garden scene, the way that birds have already appeared, but no such luck - until I discovered a new clickable area, on some hostas near a bench. And lo! Clicking made a hedgehog scurry from one plant to the next! Cheered me up, while waiting for my driveway to get plowed from last night's snowstorm...
Profile Image
Yes hedgehogs are sweet. We used to have them come into our garden and eat the cats food at night when I was growing up. Your game sounds like good fun. Hope the snow melts in your real garden soon.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.