Profile Image

:)

Profile Image

Why???

I can't wait for the reviews... ;-p
Profile Image

Noooo!!!

That thing just won't die, will it?

You know, you should share the link, just in case someone here wants a copy. As if!
Profile Image
{snerk!}

I admit I still have some fondness for the book, in that its author did chip in to support BC back in the early days; I was among the attendees at the first BC convention in St. Louis (alas, before I started geocaching - I could have tagged another state...) and any mention of the book brings back memories of how much fun we had.

When I spot copies in used bookstores or LFLs, I always check to see if they were among the early copies issued with BCIDs; so far, no luck there.

FWIW, my review on the ARC copy I got at the convention is here ( https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/1566143/ ).
Profile Image

Review

Wow. Is the book as long as your review?! :)

I must say, I've never seen the book myself, so I wouldn't know. Perhaps I should run over to Goodreads to see if one's available!
Profile Image

Heh! Yeah, I found myself struggling over that one - since it was a gift from a sponsor of the site in its earliest days I felt obliged to comment, and since I did like some (er, the first few pages?) of it, and didn't want to dismiss the rest with "...and it was all downhill from there," I tried to be more detailed. [Then again, I often wax verbose. Don't everybody act surprised at once.]

As for whether you'd want to bother to read it or not - that's up to you, of course. I can't say I'd recommend it, though!
Profile Image

RE: Review

My review was pretty short: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/#2021012
Profile Image
but I've heard so much about it over the years, that I feel like we're old friends! I've no desire to actually meet a copy, though . . . . :-)
Profile Image
I think I'd been a BCer a short time when the Wild Animus giveaway happened. I've never heard anything about it that made me want to read it.
Profile Image
I found two copies when my local library bookstore was closing for renovations. Paid $.50 because I had heard the horror stories. ResQgeek double-dog-dared me to read and I survived about 100 pages. I took one copy, the one with the BC label pre-printed on the inside cover, to Athens because of its obvious BC connections. The other I gave away, and Melydia included her own review at that time. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13892671/

My review (having read only the first 5 chapters) was "Bad acid trips and sex lead man to believe he is a ram. That seemed to be the plot, if there actually was one."
Profile Image
I should have been that reader's target audience, but it was awkwardly paced and I only connected because I believe that I am a horse.

The man is obviously in love with this idea and he's great with his marketing, but it still needed more polishing than he was willing to do,

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.