corner corner All Hail Roger Federer!

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

All Hail Roger Federer!

'Did it again! At age 36. That is ancient on the pro tennis circuit. Fed won the Australian Open Tennis Tournament !! - the first of four annual "Slams". 1) Australian Open (January) 2) Paris - French Open, aka Roland Garros, (May/June) 3) "The Fortnight" or "The Championships", aka Wimbledon (June/July) 4) US Open (Aug/Sept). The man is amazing, articulate, humble, funny, fluent in 3 languages, a family man (husband, and father of 2 sets of twins), one of the greatest athletes in history. Yes....I love Roger Federer. Long may he play!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
'Did it again! At age 36. That is ancient on the pro tennis circuit. Fed won the Australian Open Tennis Tournament !! - the first of four annual "Slams". 1) Australian Open (January) 2) Paris - French Open, aka Roland Garros, (May/June) 3) "The Fortnight" or "The Championships", aka Wimbledon (June/July) 4) US Open (Aug/Sept). The man is amazing, articulate, humble, funny, fluent in 3 languages, a family man (husband, and father of 2 sets of twins), one of the greatest athletes in history. Yes....I love Roger Federer. Long may he play!
Profile Image
Congrats to him! Though I admit I haven't followed pro tennis since the days of Ken Rosewall {wry grin}.
Profile Image
That's my era too. I used to watch Rosewall, Laver, Court, Newcombe, Goolagong, Evert. They were greats too!
Profile Image

Local Boy

I don't really follow tennis but I do like the guy, and he's a local hero as well- grew up and lived for a long time just a few miles away.
Profile Image
Yes! I was happy when I read that Roger had ditched living in Dubai and moved back to Switzerland. A much nicer place to raise a family! I was there in 2012 and loved it. (2 wonderful weeks)
Profile Image

RE: Local Boy

So we're almost neighbors, Mrs. Peel. I live in Besançon, in France.
Profile Image
hi Jonno, I remember you from my baby name thread! Besançon looks very nice, we have driven past it a few times but not stopped yet. It's in the unfortunate 'bit too close for weekend, but a bit far for a day' zone. haha

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.