corner corner If you were a cat, where would you hide?

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

If you were a cat, where would you hide?

As I was on my way out of the house at 6.20 to make a 7am gym class, one of the neighbour cats (and one of my cat’s worst enemies) bolted through my front door and ran under the bed. I was already on a tight schedule, so only had five minutes to spare, attempting to chase it back outside, so I left it to my husband who was still in bed to handle the situation. But having returned from the gym, I’ve had a text message from him saying that he is not get the cat out. So it is still somewhere in my house, hiding, and probably terrified of my cat (she’s quite the bully). I’ve looked for it, but can find it anywhere where. Any suggestions as to where might be hiding?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
As I was on my way out of the house at 6.20 to make a 7am gym class, one of the neighbour cats (and one of my cat’s worst enemies) bolted through my front door and ran under the bed. I was already on a tight schedule, so only had five minutes to spare, attempting to chase it back outside, so I left it to my husband who was still in bed to handle the situation. But having returned from the gym, I’ve had a text message from him saying that he is not get the cat out. So it is still somewhere in my house, hiding, and probably terrified of my cat (she’s quite the bully). I’ve looked for it, but can find it anywhere where. Any suggestions as to where might be hiding?
Profile Image
Back of a cupboard. Check any that have doors that don't close properly.

In among the clothes in the clothes basket.

On clothes shelves behind the clothes.
Profile Image
If your own kat is in the house, he/she will probably find it and chase it out.
Profile Image
And there is no way out that doesn't involve a human opening a door.
Profile Image
especially when I am in a hurry, it seems, is on the dining room chairs, which are tucked under the table out of sight.

Or sometimes, behind the toilet, in the bathroom, too.

They are very creative and clever, aren't they?

When all else fails, try food to lure it out.
Profile Image
I’ve been back for hours now and have noticed no movement in this house except for my own cats.ive looked everywhere I could think of, including all of those suggested here, and even vacuumed the house from top to bottom with the back door wide open. Both my cats ran outside, but the interloper didn’t.the only other possibility I can think of is that my big cat Lilly ate the interloper, but obviously that’s not realistic.
Profile Image
the only other possibility I can think of is that my big cat Lilly ate the interloper, but obviously that’s not realistic.

Sounds plausible to me! I've met some big cats in my time :-)
Profile Image
I've met some big cats in my time :-)

LOL no wonder he was so relaxed :-)
Profile Image
She's not that big, just wildly aggressive to other cats. But if she had eaten the interloper there would be some kind of mess.
Profile Image
In the sofa. (Yes, I had a cat who clawed a hole in the muslin and climbed up into the sofa.)

Up on the mantel behind a book rack.

Behind the washer/dryer.

Under the bed.

In a closet.

Behind a radiator.

Profile Image
In the sofa. (Yes, I had a cat who clawed a hole in the muslin and climbed up into the sofa.)

Yes, I had a kitten do that. I was sitting on the lounge and suddenly realised I could feel movement under me. I couldn't believe the tiny hole it had managed to use as access.
Profile Image
Tonight, close your own cats into a separate room, and then put out food and water. If it's gone in the morning, you'll know the other cat is still in the house.

Have your neighbour come over and lure the cat out of hiding with treats and/or catnip.
Profile Image
to see if it went home? Might save you a lot of time and effort, if it has
Profile Image
I looked there a couple times, since its lilly's favourite place to hide when she needs to go to the vet, but I guess the cat could have moved since yesterday. Anyway, alls well that ends well. My husband returned the kitty.
Profile Image
If your washing machine and dryer are both on the ground level, the cat might be inside one of those. I've seen people leave the door of them ajar so they don't get smelly; and pets get inside them.

Could be hiding in one of those.
Profile Image
Mozette,
She already posted that the cat was found and is home now. (Hurray!)
Profile Image
Oh! Sorry... didn't see it. :P

So glad lovely fur baby was found. :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.