corner corner The Greatest Showman

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The Greatest Showman

Anyone see the movie, The Greatest Showman? I've seen it twice in the theater, and want to see it more. Everything about it is perfect. The Setting, singing, dancing, costumes.... I have the CD and love it!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Anyone see the movie, The Greatest Showman? I've seen it twice in the theater, and want to see it more. Everything about it is perfect. The Setting, singing, dancing, costumes.... I have the CD and love it!
Profile Image
Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! I saw previews, and it does look entertaining, but I may wait 'til it's on TV.

I did see "The Last Jedi" - twice, yet - and despite some typical "Star Wars" plot-holes I found it very entertaining. (Extra points for the homage to the late Carrie Fisher - "our princess" - in the credits.)
Profile Image
Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! I saw previews, and it does look entertaining, but I may wait 'til it's on TV.

I did see "The Last Jedi" - twice, yet - and despite some typical "Star Wars" plot-holes I found it very entertaining. (Extra points for the homage to the late Carrie Fisher - "our princess" - in the credits.)

Not really much of a SW fan. I liked the first three, eps 4,5,6. They were really good.
Profile Image

I saw this one in the cinema, too, on Christmas Eve, just before it went out of the theatre here. Guess there was not much demand, as it didn't stay in long, but it was nearly full when I saw it on one of its last showings. Really enjoyed it and stayed till the end of the credits after seeing the "our princess" line to see if there was anything else...
Profile Image
Really enjoyed it and stayed till the end of the credits after seeing the "our princess" line to see if there was anything else...

The first time I saw "Jedi", our group stayed through the credits - in part to see if there were bonus bits but mainly because we like to do that for good movies; it's impressive to see all the contributors, and sometimes the specific job-titles are entertaining in themselves. I spotted a credit for Peter Mayhew as "Chewbacca consultant" - he played Chewie in the earlier films but his health didn't permit it this time, so I was pleased to see his name.

Funny bit: while we were sitting through the credits, most of the other people were leaving - and one of the theater cleaning staff told us there weren't any bonus bits at the end, in case that's what we were waiting for. I don't know if he wanted to spare us disappointment or just wanted us out of the way so he could get to work, but it amused me.
Profile Image
I thought most things about it were awful especially the songs/music except for the opening number.
Profile Image
Not yet, but I plan to see it soon.
Profile Image
Not yet, but I plan to see it soon.

I finally got to see it tonight - and I loved it! Fabulous
Profile Image
and was pleasantly surprised. After the disastrous La La Land last year, I was reluctant to see another musical. My 12 year old granddaughter wanted to see it so I agreed to go. I thought the story, dancing, and set decoration were all great. I thought the music was just OK. I was not real impressed with that. Hugh Jackman was fantastic, as was the rest of the cast.
Profile Image
I saw it last week and enjoyed it. A nice light, feel-good movie and Hugh Jackman, what's not to like.

I will be taking my grandsons to see the Jedi movie later in the week.
Profile Image
....a 'fool-good' movie? ;) Ya coulda fooled me!

Anyway, here's an enthusiastic review over on epbot.com

http://www.epbot.com/---/the-greatest-showman-is-worlds-greatest.html
Profile Image
I really enjoyed The Greatest Showman, it's the first time in quite a long time that I have been able to get to the cinema and I'm glad I chose that film to watch.
Profile Image
and I loved it. One of the best movies in a long time.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.