corner corner Suggestions wanted!

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Suggestions wanted!

This month, November 2017, marks 10 years since I started 'hosting' a bookshelf at my place of work. I'd like to celebrate somehow, and look for your suggestions!

My place of work is an office with about 40 employees, only some of whom ever notice/use the bookshelf. In 10 years, I would say I've gotten no more than 5 journal entries, even though I know books have been taken and enjoyed. I *think* the shelf would be missed if it went away, but you know how it is when people don't SAY anything about it....

I'm going to count how many books have passed through the shelf - I'm sure it's near 1000 - and may just pick a day of celebration, a "happy birthday to me" kind of thing.

Any other ideas?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
This month, November 2017, marks 10 years since I started 'hosting' a bookshelf at my place of work. I'd like to celebrate somehow, and look for your suggestions!

My place of work is an office with about 40 employees, only some of whom ever notice/use the bookshelf. In 10 years, I would say I've gotten no more than 5 journal entries, even though I know books have been taken and enjoyed. I *think* the shelf would be missed if it went away, but you know how it is when people don't SAY anything about it....

I'm going to count how many books have passed through the shelf - I'm sure it's near 1000 - and may just pick a day of celebration, a "happy birthday to me" kind of thing.

Any other ideas?
Profile Image
Lure your co-workers to the bookshelf with birthday cookies! If it wouldn't be considered an abuse of your workplace's email system, send a celebratory email to your colleagues noting the date and offering a cookie for every book borrowed from the shelf.
Profile Image
I'd decorate the shelf with paper flowers or garlands for a day, and make a sign that says '10'.
Profile Image
You could perhaps arrange a morning tea and encourage your colleagues to bring one of their read book to leave (wild release if you can get them to sign up) on the shelf.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.