corner corner must be a new wings feature

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

must be a new wings feature

It's been a while since I had wings, but thanks to mcsar's kindly tagging me with them in the Wishlist Tag Game, I do now. I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've had them, as I just saw today that you can sort your shelf by "journal count" which I don't remember being a feature before. I guess this is new? In any case, it's fun!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It's been a while since I had wings, but thanks to mcsar's kindly tagging me with them in the Wishlist Tag Game, I do now. I guess it's been longer than I thought since I've had them, as I just saw today that you can sort your shelf by "journal count" which I don't remember being a feature before. I guess this is new? In any case, it's fun!
Profile Image
I just saw today that you can sort your shelf by "journal count" which I don't remember being a feature before. I guess this is new?

Not new, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! My favorite wings-feature is the sort-by-most-recently-journaled option - though the default release-note template is also very handy...
Profile Image
Not new, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! My favorite wings-feature is the sort-by-most-recently-journaled option - though the default release-note template is also very handy...

Hmm, I guess I must have missed it the last time I had wings. When I have wings I generally also love the "recently journaled" sort option - never tried the default one you mention, though. I'll have to check it out!

ETA: Wait, what is that last one? I can't seem to find it.
Profile Image
never tried the default one you mention, though. I'll have to check it out!

ETA: Wait, what is that last one? I can't seem to find it.

It's part of your profile page; if you click on "manage profile" and scroll down you'll find a couple of text boxes for default journal-entry text and default release-note text. (I *think* they continue to work if your wings lapse, but you do need wings to edit them in the first place. If I'm wrong about that, then when your wings lapse the default text won't appear in the new-JE or new-release-note boxes, but will still be in your profile, and will start working again next time you get wings.)

I've never used the default JE text, though I suppose something along the lines of "Found this book at a local thrift shop" would be moderately helpful {wry grin} - but I use the default release-note text for links to the currently-active release challenges I participate in. Whenever I make release notes I just edit out any of the challenges that don't apply to that particular book.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.