corner corner ISO Things to do in Switzerland!

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ISO Things to do in Switzerland!

Hello fellow bookcrossers!

We'll be visiting my dad in Switzerland in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking for ideas for what we could do while there!

We've visited Interlaken and Davos, spent a lot of time in Old Town Chur (he lives in Thusis) and even drove down to Italy once, and now I'm struggling to think of anything else! Maybe we could invade Liechtenstein for an afternoon?? :D

I thought we could visit Bern, but I don't know if that would be to too long a trip for a 1 yr old...

What do you guys think??

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello fellow bookcrossers!

We'll be visiting my dad in Switzerland in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking for ideas for what we could do while there!

We've visited Interlaken and Davos, spent a lot of time in Old Town Chur (he lives in Thusis) and even drove down to Italy once, and now I'm struggling to think of anything else! Maybe we could invade Liechtenstein for an afternoon?? :D

I thought we could visit Bern, but I don't know if that would be to too long a trip for a 1 yr old...

What do you guys think??
Profile Image
Could you take a trip on the Glacier Express?
Profile Image
Could you take a trip on the Glacier Express?

I'll look into that now!
Profile Image
I was just in Zurich a couple weeks ago. They have a great zoo there, and a planetarium, as well as an intriguing free walking tour (a lady on the tour had a pram with her and didn’t find it too challenging) and of course, I did spend a day invading Liechtenstein. There are also river cruises and lake cruises, but I couldn’t afford to do either of those things. Have fun!
Profile Image
I was just in Zurich a couple weeks ago. They have a great zoo there, and a planetarium, as well as an intriguing free walking tour (a lady on the tour had a pram with her and didn’t find it too challenging) and of course, I did spend a day invading Liechtenstein. There are also river cruises and lake cruises, but I couldn’t afford to do either of those things. Have fun!

He lives very close to Zurich! Those are all really good suggestions, I'm going to look into it! Little one would love the planetarium!
Profile Image

Depends...

when are you going?

Lucerne and Zermatt are both gorgeous. The transport museum in Lucern is interesting for all ages. Zurich does have more kids entertainment, but at one you can still drag them around almost anywhere in a stroller!
Profile Image
Berne is beautiful, it has long arcades along the shopping streets so it doesn't matter if it's raining, and there are bears at the end of them by the river.
Profile Image
St-Gall is also lovely, and closer for you than Berne.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.