corner corner Ahh forgot a BCID!

Forum | << Chit-Chat | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Ahh forgot a BCID!

I can't believe I made the "rookie mistake" of releasing a book with a prenumbered label without journaling or at least writing down the BCID! boo hoo. Just wanted to vent a little to someone who knows what the heck I am talking about!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I can't believe I made the "rookie mistake" of releasing a book with a prenumbered label without journaling or at least writing down the BCID! boo hoo. Just wanted to vent a little to someone who knows what the heck I am talking about!
Profile Image
Oh my, no idea what the title was of course, let alone the writer?
Now you just have to hope it will write home again :-)
But for now its feels like a book down the drain.
Fingers crossed for a JE :-)
Profile Image
I know it was Night Train to Lisbon left in a small hotel inAvingon. what I do not know is a bcid. doh!
Profile Image
If it was your prenum and you never journaled it at all - so it doesn't appear in the database - then that is tricky. If you know the range of prenums that it was from, you might be able to work it out by the process of elimination. (I only ever get prenums in groups of 10 - for the freebie labels - or groups of 25 for the Supply Store custom labels, so after using up the rest of the BCIDs in each group I could work out the lost one by viewing the prenum list on my profile. But if you tend to get lots of sets of prenums that you don't use up in order, and/or the 100-prenums-at-a-time option, it'd be harder to find the missing one.)

On at least one occasion I recall driving back to a release spot so that I could retrieve the BCID, but I don't know if that's feasible for your case. But I do understand the problem {rueful grin}!
Profile Image
I thought about that, I might do it, but it would take a while and i would hate to get it wrong...
Profile Image

Positive thinking: someone will find the book and journal it!
Profile Image
I hope so! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.