corner corner a catch, and it's off again - AND AGAIN!

Forum | << Site Watch | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

a catch, and it's off again - AND AGAIN!

this book is doing a tour of the Ladies' loos in Argyll! Oban has a busy ferry terminal serving Mull, Colonsay and Coll as well as Tiree and some of the even smaller islands, so who knows where it will go next. I think this is the first time I've had a wild catch which has been journalled and then re-released, so I'm chuffed!

UPDATE: not only was it caught again and taken to another island, but the finder was so excited he/she forgot their shopping! Calmac are the much loved ferry company serving the Scottish Hebrides!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4630643

Complete Thread

Profile Image
this book is doing a tour of the Ladies' loos in Argyll! Oban has a busy ferry terminal serving Mull, Colonsay and Coll as well as Tiree and some of the even smaller islands, so who knows where it will go next. I think this is the first time I've had a wild catch which has been journalled and then re-released, so I'm chuffed!

UPDATE: not only was it caught again and taken to another island, but the finder was so excited he/she forgot their shopping! Calmac are the much loved ferry company serving the Scottish Hebrides!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4630643/
Profile Image
Very nice indeed! I like the informative JEs as well as the keep-it-traveling bit - and it's always good to see that a finder gave the book a try even if it wasn't something they'd normally read.
Profile Image
You obviously started a fashion with your release site choice!
Profile Image
Wonderful catch and re-release! :)
Profile Image
and it's also the first time I've ever had a bookcrossing book re-released AND caught again. Oban Ferry Terminal is obviously the place to be!
Profile Image
I'm even more impressed by the delivery of the forgotten shopping bag than by the book's travels {grin}. What a lovely series of JEs!
Profile Image
I'm even more impressed by the delivery of the forgotten shopping bag than by the book's travels {grin}. What a lovely series of JEs!

So am I. Well done pam99 and CalMac staff!
Profile Image

That's small island life for you! ;-)
Profile Image

this is wonderful, thanks a lot for sharing!
Profile Image
"Found on a seat in the ferry terminal; promised the book i won't put it back in the Ladies!"

What SORT of seat?

I hope the book keeps travelling.
Profile Image

Great catches

sounds like the Scottish Islands might be good release spots.
Profile Image
Yes, although I've released several books on Islay, where my parents live, and rarely had a catch - when they have been 'caught' it's been by visitors. I think it's more likely the books have been handed in to the Police Station as lost property, "someone will be back for that..."

However CalMac ferry terminals have given me several catches, even the most remote ones like Claonaig on Kintyre, which is basically just a bus shelter with a loading ramp.
Profile Image
LOL at the fab journals! Congrats!
Profile Image
"Had heard of this book scheme but didn't expect to be caught up in it."

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.