corner corner I find it odd.

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I find it odd.

This goes with I-Hate-Spam's earlier remark, but I find it odd that the username Nobody has accumulated over 1300 referrals this month, but hasn't take then time to even fill out a profile or add a book to his/her bookshelf. I know this person is doing a great job bringing others to the site, but the whole situation just strikes me as odd. If I was signing up and listing him as a referral, I would tend to wonder why this person is actively asking me to join, yet, doesn't actively participate himself? I understand he/she's only been a member for a month and may not have had time to read and add a book yet...it's just an observation.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

I find it odd.

This goes with I-Hate-Spam's earlier remark, but I find it odd that the username Nobody has accumulated over 1300 referrals this month, but hasn't take then time to even fill out a profile or add a book to his/her bookshelf. I know this person is doing a great job bringing others to the site, but the whole situation just strikes me as odd. If I was signing up and listing him as a referral, I would tend to wonder why this person is actively asking me to join, yet, doesn't actively participate himself? I understand he/she's only been a member for a month and may not have had time to read and add a book yet...it's just an observation.
Profile Image
Well, I don't understand it, either. But I don't think that referring people without releasing books is really any different than recommending release techniques without ever having experienced a successful release. I've noticed some people posting release techniques that sound odd and/or complicated - when I've checked their listings to see how much success they've had following their own recommendations (I'm looking for ideas that actually work), I often see that they haven't had any successful releases - and in some cases, they haven't even released a single book. I don't get it, but I guess it is like childless people offering tips on child-rearing - a case of 'do as I say, not as I do.' I'm not judging, just wondering.
Profile Image
I think that having someone discover a book and then actually go online and make a journal entry is totally luck. What works for one person may not work for another....but we could all use ideas on releasing books. It is like registering money on wheresgeorge.com...we know that people are spending our bills....but few people actually take the time to make entries online.
Profile Image
Speaking of odd...I have belonged to Where's George? for a year and hjave only had two of my bills hit. However, on BC I had 5 successes in the first month I was here. That's karma for you...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.