corner corner Why does the ISBN box enter in reverse?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Why does the ISBN box enter in reverse?

Why does the ISBN box enter in reverse? If the printed ISBN in the book was ABC for ex., and I type "ABC", it shows up as "CBA". Also when I hit enter after typing the number backward (to get it to show up forewords) the curser jumps to the next line (as though I'd hit tab) instead of processing the ISBN.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Why does the ISBN box enter in reverse? If the printed ISBN in the book was ABC for ex., and I type "ABC", it shows up as "CBA". Also when I hit enter after typing the number backward (to get it to show up forewords) the curser jumps to the next line (as though I'd hit tab) instead of processing the ISBN.
Profile Image
So that wasn't just my computer acting up this weekend! The ISBN didn't do that before.
Profile Image
What browser and version are you using? I can't reproduce the problem on IE or Netscape.
Profile Image
Opera 5.12, set to 'identify as Opera.' OS is Windows 2000 Pro SP2
Profile Image
I just tested with Opera 6.01, identying as both Opera and IE, and it works fine. So it looks like an Opera v5 bug (not surprising).
Profile Image
That's probably the case for me, as well. I usually use Netscape, but my home computer also has Opera version 5, and I may have been using it.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.