corner corner Most Travelled Books don't seem to be travelling anywhere......

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Most Travelled Books don't seem to be travelling anywhere......

I wanted to see where some books had travelled so I clicked on the books listed as Most Travelled. But most just have journal entries from people who just happen to have bought and read the book themselves, none I viewed had actually been released and found. Is there any other way for people to review books without making it seems like a particular book has been released and found 4 or 5 times??

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I wanted to see where some books had travelled so I clicked on the books listed as Most Travelled. But most just have journal entries from people who just happen to have bought and read the book themselves, none I viewed had actually been released and found. Is there any other way for people to review books without making it seems like a particular book has been released and found 4 or 5 times??
Profile Image
The Most Traveled Books list at http://bookcrossing.com/leaderboardbooks does indeed show books that travel between the highest number of members. We can't easily distinguish between releases to friends, and releases in the wild. When you look at the journal entries for them, they show entries from various members, all on the same physical copy of a book. (They haven't just purchased the same book.)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.