corner corner E-mail change

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

E-mail change

I want to change the e-mail address I use for BC purposes, so I go to my profile, type in the new e-mail address and press the button to save changes.
Then I get an error message
"Error: There was an error saving your profile, you have tried to change the email address to a value that already exists."
When I refresh the page or try to check again after a while, the previous e-mail address I don't want to use anymore is still there.

This is a major problem. First of all when I created my account I didn't want to use this e-mail, but there were problems with the activation link, so I created two accounts, posted about the problem and someone activated my second account manually. So I was left with this current active account, linked to an e-mail which is was not my first choice.

More importantly, checking my e-mails today, the host site sent a message than after 20 years of operation, the e-mails function will cease to exist by the end of March. So I try to swap my contact info all around the internet to other e-mail addresses asap.

Could someone from the support team help me? Could you change my profile settings to the new e-mail account manually or what?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I want to change the e-mail address I use for BC purposes, so I go to my profile, type in the new e-mail address and press the button to save changes.
Then I get an error message
"Error: There was an error saving your profile, you have tried to change the email address to a value that already exists."
When I refresh the page or try to check again after a while, the previous e-mail address I don't want to use anymore is still there.

This is a major problem. First of all when I created my account I didn't want to use this e-mail, but there were problems with the activation link, so I created two accounts, posted about the problem and someone activated my second account manually. So I was left with this current active account, linked to an e-mail which is was not my first choice.

More importantly, checking my e-mails today, the host site sent a message than after 20 years of operation, the e-mails function will cease to exist by the end of March. So I try to swap my contact info all around the internet to other e-mail addresses asap.

Could someone from the support team help me? Could you change my profile settings to the new e-mail account manually or what?

Profile Image
I think the problem is that quite possibly my first, non-active account was linked to the e-mail address I try to swap to now. Is it possible to merge the two accounts or delete the non-active one or I really must create an other e-mail address just for BC site?
Profile Image
Is it possible to merge the two accounts or delete the non-active one

Merging is not possible. But deactivating the old account should fix it, yes. So drop Support a note with all relevant details and it'll be no problem for them to make things right.
Profile Image

Yes, they can do exactly that. Send them a message through the Contact form (link is at the bottom of the page) and they'll fix you right up.
Profile Image
to support team, but declined because it was more than "1000 characters long", I send them a link to this forum thread. I hope they'll get it.

Sometimes this site is soooo FRUSTRATING!

Yes, sorry, I know it's rude to use capital letters.

~Off to take a break for a couple of hours before smashing the lap top on the wall.~
Profile Image
Off to take a break for a couple of hours before smashing the lap top on the wall.

I hope you feel better before it comes to that. Take care.
Profile Image
If you sent them the name of the old account and a link to this thread, they have all the information needed to make the change.
Profile Image
My account is now fixed with proper e-mail.

For several hours I was getting an error message, then I had an epiphany and cleaned cookies/cache/history and BC site finally worked again for me.
Annoying for all other sites I use and was logged in, but what can you do...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.