corner corner [Answered] Reporting spam

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[Answered] Reporting spam

Occasionally when there's an obvious spam post on the forum I've seen someone comment 'spam reported' before it's removed... so my question is, HOW do we report spam? I've never found a button or any other clear way to do it, so I really don't know how to report spam if I come across one?

I'm asking because I suddenly have one "new member referral" (which I don't even know what it means or how you normally get one) on my statistics that is clearly coming from a spam member: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/2040laboursolut

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Occasionally when there's an obvious spam post on the forum I've seen someone comment 'spam reported' before it's removed... so my question is, HOW do we report spam? I've never found a button or any other clear way to do it, so I really don't know how to report spam if I come across one?

I'm asking because I suddenly have one "new member referral" (which I don't even know what it means or how you normally get one) on my statistics that is clearly coming from a spam member: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/2040laboursolut/
Profile Image
The "contact us" link at the bottom of the page is one way to report spam. Posting in the forum also works - and lets others know that it's already been reported.

If you get PMs or unexpected referrals (nice detective work there!) from people who appear to be spamming, do use the "contact us" link to report that; some of those don't make forum posts and that means it's hard to see what they're up to if people don't let the support team know.
Profile Image
The "contact us" link at the bottom of the page is one way to report spam. Posting in the forum also works

Only in forum sections that Support happens to read. In some subforums, spam could stick around forever if no one sends a message through the Contact Us link.
Profile Image
The "contact us" link at the bottom of the page is one way to report spam. Posting in the forum also works

Only in forum sections that Support happens to read. In some subforums, spam could stick around forever if no one sends a message through the Contact Us link.

That's right; I have reported someone selling leather goods in the Spanish forum, and it is still there... :(
Profile Image
That's right; I have reported someone selling leather goods in the Spanish forum, and it is still there... :(

Send the info in the Contact Us link below and it will be gone quickly. It's at the bottom of the screen. Or here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/contact
Profile Image

Tried to remove them all, if I missed something, please let Support know the place where the spam still is
Profile Image
The "Contact Us" button can be found at the bottom of any page you are on within the site.
Please ensure you give us the link to the spam post in the forum, as well as the username of the person spamming.
That way the volunteer Support Team can clean up the mess of these pests!
Profile Image
The "Contact Us" button can be found at the bottom of any page you are on within the site.
Please ensure you give us the link to the spam post in the forum, as well as the username of the person spamming.

I have followed all instructions; the post is still in the Spanish thread (it has been there for 8 months), and the username is escuero. I hope this helps.
Profile Image

I have followed all instructions; the post is still in the Spanish thread (it has been there for 8 months), and the username is escuero. I hope this helps.

Thanks, that helped! Account banned and message removed.
Profile Image

Thanks, that helped! Account banned and message removed.

Brilliant! Thanks for your help! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.