corner corner Bookplates

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Bookplates

I received my bookplates today! It has a “where” section. Do I put the town I released it in or the free little library I’m releasing it in? I’m not sure how specific I need to be.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I received my bookplates today! It has a “where” section. Do I put the town I released it in or the free little library I’m releasing it in? I’m not sure how specific I need to be.
Profile Image

I use that to enter my home town - the place where I registered the book. (If I registered one while traveling and released it before I got home I *might* use that location instead, but in general I use the label fields to indicate where I live rather than where I released the book.)

When I make release notes for my books, I do try to be specific - in the text, if not in the release zone itself. I like to add photos if the release spot has anything photogenic about it. But I don't put that on the label - though you could jot a note beneath your bookplate if you wanted to...
Profile Image

When I make release notes for my books, I do try to be specific - in the text, if not in the release zone itself. I like to add photos if the release spot has anything photogenic about it. But I don't put that on the label - though you could jot a note beneath your bookplate if you wanted to...

How do I add a picture?
Profile Image
How do I add a picture?

When you make release notes - or journal entries, for that matter - there's a link at the bottom of the box with "upload journal picture". (You can see the link in the JEs of the books you've already registered.) To upload a photo, click on that and follow the steps. If you don't have a camera this can be tricky {wry grin}, but if you do, you can take photos of your wild-released books and upload them to your computer, and then use the "upload journal picture" link to add it to your release notes.

Here's an example of a recent release of mine with a photo attached:

https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14721240/
Profile Image
Registered by
Where
When

The ones I'm registering now would say
solittletime
Maine, USA
October, 2017

No matter where or when I released them.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.