corner corner Searching for active members

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
I don't believe there is. You can use the search-members function to view the BCers in a specific town, and can sort it by books registered or date joined, but you'd have to dip into the individual profiles to see if there are fairly recent registrations/releases/forum posts.

The "go hunting" pages will show releases within the last 30 days, but won't show if someone's been very active up to the last month - and it also won't show someone who's done a lot of controlled releases but no wild ones.

So... no easy answer to this one. But "recently-active" may not be the only criterion to use, depending on why you want to know. If you're interested in trying to meet up with local BCers, you could use the Meetup site (or some local equivalent) to schedule a get-together - perhaps not even limiting it to BCers, but as a book-swap/book-talk meeting. You might introduce some new people to BC that way.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Is there any way to search for members in specific locations who have been active somewhat recently? Since most members haven't done anything for years (or, as the case often is, ever) there's not much point browsing through dozens of pages of names trying to find one that might still be around... Have tried to look at search functions but couldn't find anything for this purpose.
Profile Image
I don't believe there is. You can use the search-members function to view the BCers in a specific town, and can sort it by books registered or date joined, but you'd have to dip into the individual profiles to see if there are fairly recent registrations/releases/forum posts.

The "go hunting" pages will show releases within the last 30 days, but won't show if someone's been very active up to the last month - and it also won't show someone who's done a lot of controlled releases but no wild ones.

So... no easy answer to this one. But "recently-active" may not be the only criterion to use, depending on why you want to know. If you're interested in trying to meet up with local BCers, you could use the Meetup site (or some local equivalent) to schedule a get-together - perhaps not even limiting it to BCers, but as a book-swap/book-talk meeting. You might introduce some new people to BC that way.
Profile Image

Actually, just after I posted my question I figured out how to use the 'sort by books registered' -feature! I tried it before by just choosing the country, which brought zero results and I thought it probably doesn't work, but apparently it does when you add a city. So that's at least some indication to activity. In the past I've also used go hunting -pages to see if there are certain locations that get a lot of releases, and occasionally also contacted local BCers that way, which is interesting and fun but not always a quick way to find anything/-one. But yeah, just wanted to make sure there isn't an easier way that I've completely missed until now :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.