corner corner can someone remind me how to

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
What's the "target="buch"" for?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I want to make a journal entry that includes a link to another bc book, but can't remember how to do it.
Profile Image
<a href="http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/BCID"target="buch">here you mention the titel of the book</a>
Profile Image
Profile Image

Frankly speaking, I don't have much technical knowledge about this, am just using this since ever on my book shelf and it works. But I cannot tell you the exact meaning of each section.
Profile Image

The target attribute specifies where to open the linked document. Personally I've only used it as
target="_blank"
which makes the document open in a new browser window.

<a href="INSERT WEB ADDRESS YOU ARE LINKING TO" style="color:INSERT NAME OR #NUMBER OF DESIRED COLOR" target="_blank">INSERT DESIRED LINK TEXT</a>

If you use this format in your extended profile, remember to omit all spaces within the code itself (ie before style and target). That's as a result of the latest website changes by Reno.
Profile Image
The target attribute specifies where to open the linked document.

I know. That's why this use doesn't seem to make sense to me. Maybe it's useful if you have a ton of such links and they'll all open into the same window as the first? In any case, it can safely be left out. Links open fine without a target attribute.
Profile Image
I want to make a journal entry that includes a link to another bc book, but can't remember how to do it.

<a href="URL">Title of book</a>

Hope this helps!

Profile Image
Profile Image
Click on the book you want to reference so you can
Copy from the "search line" (can't think of its proper name)
Paste to your posting.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.