corner corner Links in forum posts

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Links in forum posts

There was a time when URLs containing underscore characters would remain plain text and not be converted to links. The standard workaround was to generate a shortened, underscore-free link using bit.ly or another link-shortening service and paste the shortened link into the post. I for one was really pleased when the boffins behind the scenes fixed things so links would show up as links, whether they contained underscores or not.

In the last week or so, I've noticed that the site has reverted to the previous behavior in this regard. Can the fix be reinstated? Thank you!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
There was a time when URLs containing underscore characters would remain plain text and not be converted to links. The standard workaround was to generate a shortened, underscore-free link using bit.ly or another link-shortening service and paste the shortened link into the post. I for one was really pleased when the boffins behind the scenes fixed things so links would show up as links, whether they contained underscores or not.

In the last week or so, I've noticed that the site has reverted to the previous behavior in this regard. Can the fix be reinstated? Thank you!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.