corner corner 2 books found -only one showing in stats

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Ok.

Didn't realise it worked like that. Edited to add- This reply was to Moem's comment.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
A friend who joined us in 2012 has stats that show she has found two books. However only one shows on her bookshelf-the one I gave her as a controlled release recently. She thinks she found another bookcrossing book in 2012 prompting her to join but she doesn't recall the title or author and she can't find the book. Can she find what the other book was apart from contacting support?
Profile Image
If she only has a few books on her shelf she can view the entire shelf, looking for multiple journalers. Or try using the "found" link in her list of bookshelf options. If she's done that and it doesn't help, you could post a link to her shelf here, and I could take a look and see if I can spot it.
Profile Image
She only has one book on her shelf in total. I will try to encourage her to be an active bookcrosser!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/all
Profile Image
She only has one book on her shelf in total.

Then it seems that she may have journalled the other one anonymously. If that is the case, not even Support will be able to find it.
Profile Image
She only has one book on her shelf in total.

OK, that makes it VERY weird that her stats show 2 books found! If she journaled another book anonymously, it shouldn't show in her official stats. If she journaled the 2nd book while logged in, but then deleted the JE for some reason, I'd think the stats would self-adjust (though I may be wrong there). I would imagine she'd remember actively deleting a JE, anyway.

If she made duplicate JEs on the *same* book it might show as 2 books found, but only one JE shows now.

I wonder if there was some site glitch while she was trying to journal the first book back in 2012. The site's supposed to allow an anonymous JE and then offer to let the finder sign up, automatically changing the anonymous JE to an official one with the finder's new screen name - but if something went wrong in the process, it *might* have resulted in the 2-books-found/only-1-on-bookshelf situation - though it seems pretty far-fetched.

So, yeah, something seems screwy with the stats, but what caused it I have no idea.
Profile Image
If truth be told I think I was originally more keen to "find" the book than my friend was as I had a feeling it may have been one of mine. She thought she remembered where she had found it and it was at one of my release zones. She has searched her bookshelves for bookcrossing books and I've searched my releases from around the time she originally signed up, all to no avail. She doesn't think she has "passed it on" either she says. I think it will remain one of bookcrossing's mysteries. Thanks anyway Gory.
Profile Image

Ok.

Didn't realise it worked like that. Edited to add- This reply was to Moem's comment.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.