corner corner I've made custom bookplates before, but it's been a while

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Now, when I try to click on a bookplate, nothing happens at all. It doesn't even take that first step of taking you to the store order form.

That's right, Reno switched that off because you could not actually order them so it was no good to make it look like you could. As far as I know, he's planning to repair this feature all the way.

Ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
and I can't remember how and can't find the right page. Can someone point me to the correct page or link to make an image into a bookplate, please. Thanks.

ETA: Also clicking on a custom bookplate that showed in a particular book used to take you to the order form, but wouldn't actually add the bookplate to your order recently. Now, when I try to click on a bookplate, nothing happens at all. It doesn't even take that first step of taking you to the store order form. I don't know if that's good or bad. I hope that someday we will be able to re-order them again.
Profile Image
Use the "my bookplates" link under the "home" tab. You can also get there via the "how to bookcross" page under "information" - it's one of the label options.

However, I've seen reports of bugs in the custom-label process; that may depend on specific configurations, so if yours works, that'd be good to hear. [I did notice that the "create custom label" button wasn't working for me - turns out something in its positioning seems a bit off, at least on my configuration, so I could click it if I aimed the cursor at the bottom edge of the button but not if I clicked in the center. FWIW.]
Profile Image
[I did notice that the "create custom label" button wasn't working for me - turns out something in its positioning seems a bit off, at least on my configuration, so I could click it if I aimed the cursor at the bottom edge of the button but not if I clicked in the center. FWIW.]

Thanks for that, Gory. I kept clicking on Create Custom Label before and nothing happened. And when I tried your trick and clicked on the very bottom right, it worked.

However, that brought me to a page that says only , "Alternative content" and a button below that that says, "Get Adobe Flash player" and that's all.

Nothing about making labels.

ETA: I'm using Windows 10 if that makes a difference.
Profile Image
However, that brought me to a page that says only , "Alternative content" and a button below that that says, "Get Adobe Flash player" and that's all.

Sounds like you either don't have Adobe Flash Player installed or it's not active. Did you get a new computer or has your operating system been reinstalled?

The Custom Bookplate Creator uses Flash and it needs a flash player installed in your browser.
Profile Image

Sounds like you either don't have Adobe Flash Player installed or it's not active. Did you get a new computer or has your operating system been reinstalled?

The Custom Bookplate Creator uses Flash and it needs a flash player installed in your browser.

That may be something I was told not to install as it had security problems. Does that sound right? Is it safe to install?
Profile Image
That may be something I was told not to install as it had security problems. Does that sound right? Is it safe to install?

I'm having trouble answering that. It is and it isn't.

What I do is this: I have Flash installed, but my browser is set to only display Flash objects on request. This means that instead of the Flash object, I get a button and if I click that, it will work as it should. If I don't, Flash is not activated and so there is no risk. I only activate Flash on familiar sites such as BookCrossing.

Can you ask your local nerd what they think of that solution?
Profile Image
Now, when I try to click on a bookplate, nothing happens at all. It doesn't even take that first step of taking you to the store order form.

That's right, Reno switched that off because you could not actually order them so it was no good to make it look like you could. As far as I know, he's planning to repair this feature all the way.
Profile Image

Ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.