corner corner Register book via ISBN: booktitle and author in CAPS

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
I'm not sure but i wouldn't be surprised if it's on Amazon's end. Ugly, isn't it.
In any case, it's not something Support can fix site wide or for any particular title, I'm afraid.

I figured so much, but it couldn't hurt to ask. It is very ugly indeed. I'll just keep on fixing it myself every time it comes along.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I sometimes (lately often) find that when I register a book via ISBN-search the right books comes op but both title and author are in caps. How does this work? I now change it manually, but I was wondering if something can be done to change it permanently after the first time it has come up so that in future it doesn't happen again. Can these instances be reported anywhere or is that something only Amazon can fix themselves?
Profile Image
I'm not sure but i wouldn't be surprised if it's on Amazon's end. Ugly, isn't it.
In any case, it's not something Support can fix site wide or for any particular title, I'm afraid.
Profile Image

I figured so much, but it couldn't hurt to ask. It is very ugly indeed. I'll just keep on fixing it myself every time it comes along.
Profile Image
As far as I know, if you fix it yourself and click save, it won't actually save. The hint I read in the forums is to fix it and then leave an extra space between two words, then click on save, and it will stay saved.
Profile Image
As far as I know, if you fix it yourself and click save, it won't actually save. The hint I read in the forums is to fix it and then leave an extra space between two words, then click on save, and it will stay saved.

Correct. The only problem with that workaround is that that copy of the book will then not show up correctly if the full title or author is used as search string.
Profile Image
Have you tried that out? I believe that the search filters out extra spaces.
Profile Image
I believe that the search filters out extra spaces.

And so it does! Thanks, Moem. Now there is no reason not to use this method to get rid of all-caps entries.

There used to be a fellow BookCrosser in the forums who reacted with outrage every time someone suggested the 'extra spaces' workaround, stating the problem that searches won't work properly. I did it anyway, because I hate all-caps entries more than what the omission of my book from a search was worth. :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.