corner corner Obcz list

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Obcz list

Hi. Where can I find a list of OBCZ s ?--I clicked on one called wiki but it wouldn't load . Thanks. I'm sure I found a list on here in the past.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Obcz list

Hi. Where can I find a list of OBCZ s ?--I clicked on one called wiki but it wouldn't load . Thanks. I'm sure I found a list on here in the past.
Profile Image
There isn't a site-official one, but the header of the OBCZ Managers forum ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/27 ) includes a link to a Wiki, but while I was able to load that one I didn't see much in the way of listings.

The LibraryThing site does include member-added listings of "little libraries", which can include BookCrossing OBCZs as well as Little Free Libraries. I've done web-searches for "LibraryThing, little libraries, name-of-town-and-state", and have often turned up some useful information - though as with all such listings, some of the listed OBCZs (and LFLs) are no longer active.

It would be nice if this site had a "find nearest OBCZ to me" feature - in fact I'm sure that's been requested in the Features forum in the past - but I don't know how hard it would be to implement. It could be based off of the hunting-page release zones that have been tagged as OBCZs, but those are often out of date so some effort would be needed to verify them. Maybe someday!
Profile Image

RE: Obcz list

Go Hunting is the most up to date and complete list of OBCZs. You can recognise the crossing zones that are OBCZs, and the cities where they are located, by an icon of Ballycumber and a globe.
Profile Image
Will look into it and see what I can find.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.