corner corner Wishlist issues

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Thank you, iwillrejoice!

You're welcome. :-)

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Wishlist issues

Since the site has changed in appearance, when I click on "remove a book from my wishlist" sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. Even when it says it has been removed, sometimes I go back and it's still there. It either removes the first time, or it doesn't, and if it doesn't, removing it multiple times does nothing at all. Anyone know a work around for this?
Profile Image
Anyone know a work around for this?

Yes. Try this. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/537273

Profile Image
Anyone know a work around for this?

Yes. Try this. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/537273

Thank you, iwillrejoice!
Profile Image
Thank you, iwillrejoice!

You're welcome. :-)

Profile Image
When I bring up someone's Wishlist there is a small box on the top right of it that says, "Print List." But when I printed it out the heading said "BookCrossing BookList for Southernfryed: Removed." There are 216 books listed. Are these books that had been on her WishList which she has removed?
Profile Image
When I bring up someone's Wishlist there is a small box on the top right of it that says, "Print List." But when I printed it out the heading said "BookCrossing BookList for Southernfryed: Removed." There are 216 books listed. Are these books that had been on her WishList which she has removed?

Without seeing the actual entries I don't know if those are wishes that she removed or if the caption's wrong, but from other comments it may indeed be the list of removed wishes. (Why the site would save a list of wishes once the owner deleted them I do NOT know, but it would fit with lils47's question above. Why the site would display deleted wishes to someone else is a really weird glitch.)

If you fiddle with the settings on the wishlist page - change the view from "current" to "granted" and back to "current", for example - and then try the "print list" again, maybe it'll fix itself.
Profile Image
Thanks for your thoughts, GoryDetails. I looked at several Wishlists including my own. It seems to make sense that these are a list of books the BC'er removed from their WishList.

Sometimes the simplest answer is right under our nose! It's sort of like looking for a particular product in the grocery store that you can't find. Finally, you ask a clerk to help and he goes to exactly where you were and it's right there in easy sight.
Profile Image
Today I printed out Soozreader's WishList. When it printed out at the top it said, "BookCrossing Wishlist for Soozreader: Current. So apparently when it comes up as "Removed" it does mean it's a list of books the BC'er has actually Removed from their Wishlist.
Profile Image
Today I printed out Soozreader's WishList. When it printed out at the top it said, "BookCrossing Wishlist for Soozreader: Current. So apparently when it comes up as "Removed" it does mean it's a list of books the BC'er has actually Removed from their Wishlist.

Yep, I think you're right. Oddly enough, the bug happened to me today - the first time I'd seen it. I brought up my own wishlist and hit print-list, only to see all my removed wishes! I did what I suggested above - changed the settings on my wishlist to "granted" and then back to "current" - and tried print-list again, and all was well. Don't know if it would have fixed itself on a retry without fiddling with the settings; if it happens again I'll try that.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.