corner corner Cover images uploaded blurry. What am I doing wrong?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Cover images uploaded blurry. What am I doing wrong?

Had a book with no cover image. Decided to give it one, so took a picture. I cropped it, saved it, uploaded it. Looks fine on my computer screen in the editing program.

On BX? It's blurry.

I shrank it down in the editing program and re-uploaded wondering if it was being shrunk poorly. Still blurry.

What am I doing wrong?

(And why is there not anything in the help files about how to do this? I have no idea if there are specific ratios required or min/max size/qualities or such. I think I am more frustrated at not finding a how-to than I am at the blurry).

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Had a book with no cover image. Decided to give it one, so took a picture. I cropped it, saved it, uploaded it. Looks fine on my computer screen in the editing program.

On BX? It's blurry.

I shrank it down in the editing program and re-uploaded wondering if it was being shrunk poorly. Still blurry.

What am I doing wrong?

(And why is there not anything in the help files about how to do this? I have no idea if there are specific ratios required or min/max size/qualities or such. I think I am more frustrated at not finding a how-to than I am at the blurry).
Profile Image
Not to worry - you're not doing anything wrong. The blurry-image situation is a recent problem on the site.

As per the Announcements and Bugs forums, there have been recent tweaks to the site, some of them involving the display attributes; these are still in flux, but others have reported the fuzzy-image situation. From reports, a screen-refresh fixes the display, so there's nothing wrong with the data - it may be a matter of the page-rendering settings. That, along with other visuals, may change in coming days as feedback comes in. (I suspect some of the tweaks are aimed at making the site more user-friendly for smart phones and tablets, though I don't know if the delayed-image-sharpening of the cover-pics has anything to do with that.)
Profile Image
Ah-ha! I knew there were problems with covers, but I thought just that they weren't showing. I'll quit worrying about it (at least for now).

Thanks!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.