corner corner What is RABCK

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

What is RABCK

Hi,

I noticed someone mentioned they were a member of RABCK.com in their profile. I googled it and it apparently stands for Random Acts of Book Crossing Kindness. I've registered on the site but there's nothing there to explain what it is or how it works.

Is this site affiliated with BookCrossing.com? If so, what is it and how does it work?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi,

I noticed someone mentioned they were a member of RABCK.com in their profile. I googled it and it apparently stands for Random Acts of Book Crossing Kindness. I've registered on the site but there's nothing there to explain what it is or how it works.

Is this site affiliated with BookCrossing.com? If so, what is it and how does it work?
Profile Image
It's not really affiliated, but it was started by a BookCrossing member and it allows people to get each other's addresses so they can send each other books as a surprise gift.

I can't tell you how it works as I'm not a member but I hope this helps a bit.
Profile Image
That site is indeed distinct from BookCrossing, but it is based on a very BookCrossing concept. As stated in the FAQ, "RABCK" means "Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness... generally just the act of doing something nice for another BookCrosser."

There is a BC forum for RABCKs here:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10

People use that forum to offer or request books, sometimes as pure, no-strings RABCKs and sometimes as trades. You might find that of interest!

[FWIW, I haven't used the RABCK.com site myself; I prefer to contact people before sending books, just to be sure that (a) they still want them and (b) that I have the correct address.]
Profile Image
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a nice idea, particularly at this time of year.
Profile Image
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a nice idea, particularly at this time of year.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.