corner corner Two things.....

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Two things.....

I often get a message just as I've registered a book saying "book successfully registered" (good) BUT at the same there is another message on the screen saying "ERROR-sorry there has been a problem processing your request-please recheck input and try again". I have found that it's ok to ignore the 2nd message as the BCID provided works ok but this could be confusing to newbies and could possibly result in books getting two numbers. Has anyone else had this problem and can anything be done to solve it?
Also the last set of labels bought from the store are very difficult to peel i.e. all ones I've bought previously had a kind of slit at the back so you could "get a start" on peeling whereas these ones need to be slit with scissors to begin the process and this sometimes damages the labels which is annoying. Thanks in advance for your help fellow-bookcrossers (and probably GoryDetails).

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I often get a message just as I've registered a book saying "book successfully registered" (good) BUT at the same there is another message on the screen saying "ERROR-sorry there has been a problem processing your request-please recheck input and try again". I have found that it's ok to ignore the 2nd message as the BCID provided works ok but this could be confusing to newbies and could possibly result in books getting two numbers. Has anyone else had this problem and can anything be done to solve it?
Also the last set of labels bought from the store are very difficult to peel i.e. all ones I've bought previously had a kind of slit at the back so you could "get a start" on peeling whereas these ones need to be slit with scissors to begin the process and this sometimes damages the labels which is annoying. Thanks in advance for your help fellow-bookcrossers (and probably GoryDetails).
Profile Image
Also the last set of labels bought from the store are very difficult to peel i.e. all ones I've bought previously had a kind of slit at the back so you could "get a start" on peeling

Thank you for letting me know, I'll inform the printer. The bookplates should always have backslits, but it's happened before that the person who restocks the machine simply grabbed paper from the wrong stack. Sorry about that!
Profile Image
Thanks Moem.
Profile Image
I posted about those messages too a while back:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/529295/

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.